“Great every timt”

Price range: US$10 - US$14
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

One of my favourite restaurants in Auckland. I’ve been several times and the food has always been amazing. The only criticism I have is that the decor is plain. But that’s the beauty of it, it’s one of those hole in the wall places which surprises you with excellent food you can’t get elsewhere.

Reviewed 9 June 2017

I grew up in Malaysia, on Malaysian street food. Living in USA now this is still my comfort food (and my non-Malaysian spouse and son also love it); while traveling in New Zealand we had heard that there is good Malaysian food there. Bunga Raya was suggested by friends (non-Malaysian) we were staying with. When I called they said they were really busy (it was a Saturday evening) but when I switched to Malay, the owner said she would make place for us; and she did and welcomed us like family when we arrived.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We were impressed with the food. Deliciously spicy without being overpowering. Informed by our guests that there is a different more extensive dinner menu and their favourite is the fish curry.
Nevertheless the lunch menu offers plenty of choice.
We settled on a Nak Lemak - a chicken rendang; chicken curry and some sweet and sour pork chops all served with rice and (delicious crispy) roti canai.
Good food, good service and good value.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Pretty busy place specially at weekends.
Preferably book in advance.
Decor and ambience - average.
Family run and last order by 9pm must. Will not keep open late.
Cramped, but will come back for taste and value for money.

Reviewed 14 January 2017 via mobile

Come here often. Great food and prices. A real family affair. Always welcoming. Come with a big group so you try a variety of dishes. Highly recommend the coffee pork chops and the hot & spicy squid.