“Authentic Malaysian dishes!”

Price range: US$10 - US$14
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We have been going to Bungalow Raya for well over a year now. The food here is always great and the service here is friendly. This place is no fine dining restaurant, and probably not the place to impress a date. But make no mistake, if any of you enjoy food, especially Malaysian cuisine, this is the place to go!

Their Char Koey Teow is probably the best I've come across in Auckland.

Tips
1. Make sure you make a reservation as they are very busy
2. 5.30-6pm is usually the best time to dine here from our perspective (not too busy as yet as restaurant can be a tad tight)

Reviewed 8 October 2016 via mobile

Tried this restaurant on the recommendation of my son. The decor is pretty basic but the food was excellent and very reasonably priced. If you are looking for a good value meal I think you would be hard pressed to find better food in West Auckland.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

This is a great place to visit, the hosts chat and joke with you while you're ordering, the food is great and the portions are huge. Our entire group agreed that the food was fantastic, which given the mixed lot of people and tastes is pretty impressive.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Great food and great expectancy the host greets you and she makes it a fun experience to visit just her is great bout fantastic food is great to a must visit place to eat abs escape the day really clean I love it and I'm fussy

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Well PIG heaven exists... right here in NZ - I know - I was THERE. The food was DELICIOUS - EVERY order!! My favourite was the squid... or was it the shrimps and noodles... or maybe the hot & sour soup... or... was it the beef curry...

SERIOUSLY - it was ALL awesome. In the immortal words of Arnie in The Terminator... "We'll be back..."

NOTE: We were UNBELIEVABLY lucky to just walk in and get a table for 8. This is mostly a "reserve if you want to be guaranteed a table" restaurant.