“Best Day Trip of Aukland and surrounding districts.”

Auckland Scenic Tours
Hobbiton Movie Set Small Group Tour from Auckland
Ranked #14 of 166 Tours in Auckland Central
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Want to see the best of Auckland, Hobbiton and/or the Waitomo Caves in one day? Then Auckland Scenic Tours Award winning tours provide the ideal personalised escorted tours of the “must see” attractions, landscapes and sights of Auckland and beyond. All 5 of our tours operate 7 days a week and have free pick up and drop off at all downtown CBD hotels. All tours accommodate a maximum of 11 people and we take you to the places you won’t find in the guide books!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

Perfect day tour with Keenan, can't recommend highly enough ( 6 stars )everything from the black sands of the west coast to fantastic views of Aukland. Beautiful gardens, lovely lunch stop, great architecture , every question answered. Must Do!

David S, Owner at Auckland Scenic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Thank you so much for choosing one of our tours and allowing us to show you the stunning Auckland scenery. I never cease to marvel at our beautiful city and to showcase this to a fabulous group of Australians yesterday was very special! I know you fell in love with our iconic lunch destination that only locals know as you couldn't resist the dessert!! Best wishes to you on your cruise ship and for Xmas. I know you will have a fabulous time. Thank you again for allowing us to unfold Auckland to you and we look forward to hosting some of your friends soon!

Reviewed 7 December 2016

This tour was arguably our favourite experience of our week trip to Auckland. The small group environment allowed us to visit so many parts of the city which we would otherwise not be able to see on a large bus, but was also great as the tour was able to be customized to what we wanted to see. The number of places we visited was much more than we could have ever expected, it allowed us to see places much further out that we didn't even know existed. The tour guide, David, was incredibly knowledgeable on all current and historic events and could answer any question we could throw at him. His enthusiasm for the city was clear as he was very ready to explain everything we could see around us. Another bonus was his photography skill background, which meant all the memories we captured look incredible. The cost was an outright bargain, especially for the extra time (more than a few hours!) David took to ensure he showed all his visitors the entirety of the city which he is clearly very proud of. This tour is perfect for all ages, our bus in particular had ages from 18 all the way to 82. Could not recommend this experience more, thank you so much Auckland Scenic Tours for making our trip a trip to remember.

David S, Owner at Auckland Scenic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Wow! Thank you for allowing us to show you our fabulous city! You are right that, even though I am extremely well travelled globally, I believe New Zealand is the most beautiful country on the world as are our people. No city is more beautiful in New Zealand than Auckland. Yes, we have other stunning cities often the magnet for tourists but in our view, Auckland has arguably more to offer than any other city in New Zealand. You just need to be shown it; not just the city but the widen environs where we also tour to. The way we have designed our tours is to allow you to see the spectacular view up volcanoes, the countryside, beaches, historic lunch destination, sample some wine (if you wish) that only locals know plus endless more; in short in our 30 odd stops, that couldn't be offered on a bus,we try to provide the best snippets of Auckland. The clock doesn't exist for us as you rightly point out unless we are taking you back to a cruise ship or an airport departure. We want to ensure that you see Auckland as you say, in its entirety! Thank you so much for sharing our tour with us. We had so much fun and I so enjoyed your company. We have just released our Hobbiton and Waitomo Glowworm Caves Tours. I would love one day for you to come back and take one of these as they have a quiet different "Auckland Scenic Tour" flavour to others on offer. Have a great Xmas. Thank you sincerely!

Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My mom and I booked the full day scenic tour at the last minute and were extremely glad we did. This is one of the best tours I've been on in any country. The tours are for small groups of up to 6 or 7 people. On our tour, there was only one other person. David, the owner/operator was our guide. He did an amazing job. We covered so many different parts of Auckland that we wouldn't have been able to on other tours. Because the tour is small, the van can go places large tour buses can't and the personal attention is amazing. David was extremely knowledgeable and personable. We got numerous photo opportunities and were able to spend more time at the various sites because of the size of the tour and also because he wanted us to have the opportunity to see as much as possible. The van was new and spotless. We stopped for a great lunch in a town that isn't visited by any of the other tours and saw sights the bigger tour companies skip. The cost of the tour is a complete bargain! I can't recommend this enough if you're visiting! I wish I had more time to do other tours with the company. If you're looking for tours with prompt, friendly, knowledgeable tour guides, look no further!

1  Thank wins3
David S, Owner at Auckland Scenic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. I remember vividly when you and your mum were in the Wintergardens taking photos how much you fell in love with the stunning colours. In fact I know you both fell in love with Auckland. Yes, you both absolutely loved our destination lunch. So historic where only locals go and the view you had was one I know you will always remember, not to mention the fabulous, inexpensive meal! I so loved having you both on our tour and your humour was infectious. Just going up the highest points of Auckland with the stunning panoramic views and seeing spectacular views of arguably one of the largest harbours in the World, I sensed then that you will come back again one day. And yes, you are right, that we go to places that the larger tour buses cannot go to and therefore can't enjoy our stunningly beautiful scenery. Thank you for choosing our tour. I realize that you had a choice and I am pleased that we could unfold the beautiful scenery of one of the most enchanting cities in the World. Best Wishes

Reviewed 4 December 2016

We took the half day tour to appreciate the geography of Auckland. Dave was our driver and guide and was very knowledgeable and wanted to please. Good banter with plenty of chances to stop for photos and have your own photo taken by Dave. Van was clean and air conditioned and there was sufficient flexibility in the program to allow slight changes to accommodate our needs. Didn't feel rushed but ticked all the hotspot boxes!

David S, Owner at Auckland Scenic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thank you so much for choosing our Tour. We are so committed to sharing our fabulous City with our guests and spending a half day with you both and doing similarly was an absolute delight. You are right that you will have not only very special memories but special photos of auckland that you will treasure forever. I felt privileged to be an integral part of your time in Auckland. I hope that you will share these special memories with your friends so this will also encourage them to visit what we believe is one of the most stunningly beautiful cities in the world. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Wow! What a fantastic tour. Went to ten times more places than we could imagined fitting in to one day. We would have never found the time or know to go to all these places. Best tour guide ever! I have never met a guide so passionate about his city. Very informative & amazing views. Who knew you could go & see all these amazing places from Auckland city. Some favourites - Muriwai Beach, One tree Hill & lunch at The Riverhead Tavern.

1  Thank Shellmark88

So great to have been able to share our fabulous city with you and your daughter! Really appreciate your comments. When you live in one of the most beautiful cities in the World, it is so easy to be passionate. You are right that we saw so much of Auckland including many places that we don't advertise. I know you loved our special lunch destination as I know you wanted to stay for another hour or more. And of course the wine tasting at the vineyard we went to. Every time I go up our volcanoes I marvel at the stunning 360 views. I just love looking at the expressions of "wow" in our guests as they first glimpse these views. Thank you so much for choosing our tour.