Open today: 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Auckland Scenic Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Auckland Scenic Tours
from US$136.85
from US$55.02
from US$82.53
More Info
All reviews waitomo glowworm caves full day tour combo tour guide david family owned vineyard back roads terrific tour hobbiton movie set one tree hill new zealand glow worms picked up from our hotel small group dropped off whole group muriwai beach amazing trip
Reviewed 5 December 2016 via mobile

My mom and I booked the full day scenic tour at the last minute and were extremely glad we did. This is one of the best tours I've been on in any country. The tours are for small groups of up to 6 or 7 people. On our tour, there was only one other person. David, the owner/operator was our guide. He did an amazing job. We covered so many different parts of Auckland that we wouldn't have been able to on other tours. Because the tour is small, the van can go places large tour buses can't and the personal attention is amazing. David was extremely knowledgeable and personable. We got numerous photo opportunities and were able to spend more time at the various sites because of the size of the tour and also because he wanted us to have the opportunity to see as much as possible. The van was new and spotless. We stopped for a great lunch in a town that isn't visited by any of the other tours and saw sights the bigger tour companies skip. The cost of the tour is a complete bargain! I can't recommend this enough if you're visiting! I wish I had more time to do other tours with the company. If you're looking for tours with prompt, friendly, knowledgeable tour guides, look no further!

1  Thank wins3
David S, Owner at Auckland Scenic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Thank you for sharing your experience. I remember vividly when you and your mum were in the Wintergardens taking photos how much you fell in love with the stunning colours. In fact I know you both fell in love with Auckland. Yes, you both absolutely loved our destination lunch. So historic where only locals go and the view you had was one I know you will always remember, not to mention the fabulous, inexpensive meal! I so loved having you both on our tour and your humour was infectious. Just going up the highest points of Auckland with the stunning panoramic views and seeing spectacular views of arguably one of the largest harbours in the World, I sensed then that you will come back again one day. And yes, you are right, that we go to places that the larger tour buses cannot go to and therefore can't enjoy our stunningly beautiful scenery. Thank you for choosing our tour. I realize that you had a choice and I am pleased that we could unfold the beautiful scenery of one of the most enchanting cities in the World. Best Wishes

Reviewed 4 December 2016

We took the half day tour to appreciate the geography of Auckland. Dave was our driver and guide and was very knowledgeable and wanted to please. Good banter with plenty of chances to stop for photos and have your own photo taken by Dave. Van was clean and air conditioned and there was sufficient flexibility in the program to allow slight changes to accommodate our needs. Didn't feel rushed but ticked all the hotspot boxes!

Date of experience: December 2016
David S, Owner at Auckland Scenic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Thank you so much for choosing our Tour. We are so committed to sharing our fabulous City with our guests and spending a half day with you both and doing similarly was an absolute delight. You are right that you will have not only very special memories but special photos of auckland that you will treasure forever. I felt privileged to be an integral part of your time in Auckland. I hope that you will share these special memories with your friends so this will also encourage them to visit what we believe is one of the most stunningly beautiful cities in the world. Thank you!

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Wow! What a fantastic tour. Went to ten times more places than we could imagined fitting in to one day. We would have never found the time or know to go to all these places. Best tour guide ever! I have never met a guide so passionate about his city. Very informative & amazing views. Who knew you could go & see all these amazing places from Auckland city. Some favourites - Muriwai Beach, One tree Hill & lunch at The Riverhead Tavern.

1  Thank Shellmark88

So great to have been able to share our fabulous city with you and your daughter! Really appreciate your comments. When you live in one of the most beautiful cities in the World, it is so easy to be passionate. You are right that we saw so much of Auckland including many places that we don't advertise. I know you loved our special lunch destination as I know you wanted to stay for another hour or more. And of course the wine tasting at the vineyard we went to. Every time I go up our volcanoes I marvel at the stunning 360 views. I just love looking at the expressions of "wow" in our guests as they first glimpse these views. Thank you so much for choosing our tour.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

My wife and I booked the full day tour with David at the conclusion of our cruise. We had airline tickets to return to Canada in the early evening. He was awaiting our disembarkation at the cruise terminal at 8:oo am and he safely delivered us to the airport at 5:00 pm as requested.
The day was full and his tour of Auckland was fantastic!
David is an outgoing, knowledgeable and expert tour guide who will take you to spectacular spots in and around Auckland. His well-kept, microphone equipped and spacious van allowed us access to places, such One Tree Hill, where larger buses are unable to navigate. Every stop was a photo opportunity!
My personal favourite was Fernz Fernery (at Parnell Winter Garden) where David pointed out to us New Zealand's iconic silver fern. Another unique experience was our wine tasting stop at Soljans Estate Winery where we were welcomed by the owner Tony. This is an insiders tour of Auckland not to be missed, whether you have a half or full day to spend.

Date of experience: December 2016

Firstly, thank you so much for choosing our tour. Great to see that you both arrived home safely. It was such a fabulous day and when you review all the numerous photos you took at the close to 25 places we stopped at, you will have some treasured memories of our tour together. I also remember how you fell in love with our stunning west coast and you are right that our tour is showing you the real Auckland and accessing places for stunning 360 views. I also remember you both marvelling at the views from high over Devonport as you did the thousands of beautiful old wooden villas and bungalows that we saw there. We couldn't have picked a better day weather-wise. You will, of course, also fondly remember the unique lunch destination that only locals know about. I relay appreciate you taking the time to say these lovely words and best wishes in your future travels.

Reviewed 28 November 2016

My husband and I were visiting Auckland for the first time and wanted to see and learn about the sights and attractions of the area.
We chose this full day tour and weren't disappointed.
David picked us up from our accommodation on time. Due to illness in the second party, we turned out to be the only two on board that day.
Our private tour visited many local suburbs of Auckland, the bay area like Mission Bay, three lookouts, out to the western beaches near Muriwai Beach and to Riverhead for lunch. David had booked a lovely restaurant on the river and the meal was beautiful. We visited the North Shore and in particular Devonport, crossing back over the bridge and into the Domain with its beautiful flower Atriums then onto Auckland wharf area. Plus so much more was seen and visited during the day.
David was very informative and passionate about showing off the best of what Auckland has to offer. Its a very full day but well worth it.
The van too is very comfortable and easily accessed. I would definitely recommend this tour as a starting point for any visit to Auckland.

Date of experience: November 2016
David S, Owner at Auckland Scenic Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to write these lovely words about our tour. You are right that we are so passionate about the comprehensiveness of our tours. We think Auckland is one of the most beautiful cities in new Zealand and we get so excited when we showcase the beauty of our city. I remember saying to you both on that Friday that Waitemata Harbour would have to be one of the largest in the World and I just love going up the volcanoes of Auckland where we can get 360 spectacular views and just seeing the awe and expression on the faces of our overseas guests. And yes, you are right that we saw so much of Auckland. Thank you for choosing our tour. I know the many, many photos that you took at the close to 30 places we stopped at you will cherish for a lifetime as you will the memories!