“Delicious Breakfast”
Review of MELBA Vulcan

MELBA Vulcan
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Melba is one of the few cafes in Auckland that could be called an institution. The original cafe in Vulcan Lane has changed little over the last decade. It's the kind of place both locals and tourists have always felt very comfortable visiting. Renowned for the best coffee, breakfast and brunch in the Auckland CBD. It's now time for you to try MELBA.
Reviewed 6 September 2022 via mobile

The service was warm and friendly. We had breakfast there. Their eggs Benedict with bacon was delicious. I loved the House Hash Cake that replaced the bread. Crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. It nicely complemented the eggs, bacon and hollandaise.

My husband had the Melba Grill and said everything was cooked perfectly, soft poached eggs. Tasty Manuka bacon and sauce.

If you are in Auckland City we highly recommend Melba for breakfast.

Date of visit: September 2022
Melba Vulcan Lane, General Manager at MELBA Vulcan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2022

Thanks guys, glad you enjoyed the breakfast.

See you next time!

Reviewed 3 August 2022

Loved breakfast here. It's done a cute little alley. Our waiter (may have been the owner?) was awesome, just so friendly and attentive. Food and coffee were great. Would highly recommend and will definitely come back here again.

Date of visit: July 2022
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Melba Vulcan Lane, General Manager at MELBA Vulcan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2022

Thank you for the awesome words, our team appreciates it. See you next time 🤗

Reviewed 14 May 2022 via mobile

Absolutely outstanding place, had one of the best breakfasts I’ve ever had in my life. A wonderful find! Something for the whole family and super friendly and attentive service.

Date of visit: May 2022
Melba Vulcan Lane, General Manager at MELBA Vulcan, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2023

Thank you for the really kind words, we are glad to know you had an amazing experience.

We look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 27 February 2022 via mobile

We still love this place. Went there again this morning - food, coffee and service is wonderful. Our son is back at Uni, so all things going well in these strange times, we will be eating here quite often this year. Keep supporting your local’s.

Date of visit: February 2022
Reviewed 17 April 2021 via mobile

I enjoyed a delicious lunch here - a Honey Garlic Chicken Salad. It was colourful, fresh, generous and delicious. The garlic is not too strong either. Service is great - although it was busy, I got a table quickly and the server was so friendly. An added bonus is the free sparkling water served when I sat down at my table, rather than tap water. She came quickly to take my order and gave me great advice about menu options. The salad arrived promptly and I enjoyed it. There was a good amount of chicken, lots of greens, cashews and salad vegetables. I enjoyed seeing the radish garnish on top too. I’ve had coffee here a few times before, which is good, but I’d didn’t stay for coffee on this visit. I wouldn’t hesitate to return. Thank you.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank Ali_Hawkins
Melba Vulcan Lane, General Manager at MELBA Vulcan, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2021

Thank You Ali, its great to know you enjoyed your experience on the weekend!