“COFFEE ONLY LET DOWN”
Review of MELBA Vulcan

MELBA Vulcan
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Melba is one of the few cafes in Auckland that could be called an institution. The original cafe in Vulcan Lane has changed little over the last decade. It's the kind of place both locals and tourists have always felt very comfortable visiting. Renowned for the best coffee, breakfast and brunch in the Auckland CBD. It's now time for you to try MELBA.
Reviewed 4 July 2020 via mobile

Darling and I having sanity break in Auckland for mother in laws 79th birthday. Stayed at Citylife which was a five minute walk from Melba. Cool little place. Seating inside and out. Enthusiastic wait staff there to serve. Sparkling water a special treat. Almond milk used for coffees just a little bitter and coffee only 6/10 hot. I usually only have one cup a day so it is tragic when it does not hit the spot. I had salmon bagel which was slick looking. Heavy on the red onion but lucky I love it. Darling had the orange zest pancakes with berries. Generous serve and 9/10 by the pancake master. Baking goods looked so yum we came back and grabbed a muffin for lunch. Would return again but will ask for coffee to be on the hot side of normal.

Reviewed 4 July 2020 via mobile

Had breakfast here after checking out of hotel. Very popular spot and know why. Food was excellent and even though I had to make a second choice the recommendation of a breakfast burger was great.

Reviewed 2 July 2020 via mobile

Visited here for coffee and some breakfast with my partner after checking out of our hotel. Staff were very friendly and he asked if we were sharing the breakfast I ordered and I said yes and was surprised it came out already split onto two plates for us which I thought was something so thoughtful, even though it was a small gesture, we really appreciated it. We shared the Melba Grill breakfast and it was delicious! We had coffees as well which were so perfect, we had to order another two for takeaway after we had finished! Overall it was a lovely little cafe and we will definitely come back and visit next time we are in Auckland!

Reviewed 13 June 2020 via mobile

We went here for breakfast, great coffee, I so enjoyed my “Smash” avo, squash hummus, sour dough toast, poached egg-so yum. He had smoked salmon bagel, w avo and spinach and cleaned it up. So recommend this lively place

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

A really good place to eat, rich dishes and great staff, nice prices! Theres no doubt that I'll eat there again

Date of visit: March 2020