“Amazing coffee, food and service!”
Review of MELBA Vulcan

MELBA Vulcan
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Melba is one of the few cafes in Auckland that could be called an institution. The original cafe in Vulcan Lane has changed little over the last decade. It's the kind of place both locals and tourists have always felt very comfortable visiting. Renowned for the best coffee, breakfast and brunch in the Auckland CBD. It's now time for you to try MELBA.
Reviewed 2 July 2020 via mobile

Visited here for coffee and some breakfast with my partner after checking out of our hotel. Staff were very friendly and he asked if we were sharing the breakfast I ordered and I said yes and was surprised it came out already split onto two plates for us which I thought was something so thoughtful, even though it was a small gesture, we really appreciated it. We shared the Melba Grill breakfast and it was delicious! We had coffees as well which were so perfect, we had to order another two for takeaway after we had finished! Overall it was a lovely little cafe and we will definitely come back and visit next time we are in Auckland!

Date of visit: July 2020

Reviewed 13 June 2020 via mobile

We went here for breakfast, great coffee, I so enjoyed my “Smash” avo, squash hummus, sour dough toast, poached egg-so yum. He had smoked salmon bagel, w avo and spinach and cleaned it up. So recommend this lively place

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

A really good place to eat, rich dishes and great staff, nice prices! Theres no doubt that I'll eat there again

Date of visit: March 2020
Reviewed 7 March 2020

I was sitting at the Al Fresco enjoying my lunch with coffee listening to the rain... It was cooling during the meal and guess the rain is not heavy, otherwise I will not be saying that. Good food.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed 3 March 2020 via mobile

Cute little place with good coffee, nice atmosphere and friendly staff. I only stopped here for a coffee and a cake on my way from the airport to my accommodation, but it gave me a pretty good first impression of Auckland’s foodie culture. My orange polenta cake with mascarpone was amazing. It was light, not too sweet and the creamy mascarpone just made it perfect. Everything looked delicious too on table next to me. Seemed like a place local people come for breakfast/brunch even though it’s in the central close to many touristy places. Would definitely come back for brunch or lunch.

Date of visit: February 2020
melbaonvulcan, Owner at MELBA Vulcan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Thank you for your kind words.

We are delighted to know you enjoyed your experience at our little gem!

Cheers