“Care and attention to food, diners and ambience makes a Spring lunch therapeutic.”
Review of Paris Butter

Paris Butter
Ranked #5 of 2,456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Description: Paris Butter elegantly combines classic bistro ambiance with refined dining. Chef Nick Honeyman and his team create innovative and interpretive French cuisine, adapted to New Zealand ingredients which are sourced locally.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Winter bleakness turned into Spring gold as we lunched at Paris Butter. Overlook the name because Paris Butter isn't at all silly; it's the real thing. Here is an outstanding example of the best Auckland and New Zealand can offer food lovers; quality ingredients treated with flair and respect in this small but perfectly-formed menu; a careful seating plan (comfortable and not overcrowded), and a professional, respectful, friendly maître d' who anticipated the questions.

Wines were available from a wide and international selection including our Petit Chablis followed by an agreeable all-purpose Macon-Villages.

We selected the three-course menu, choosing from four options. After the delicious bread with or even without the truffle butter, I can recommend the Vanilla-cured Salmon, Coconut foam and Yuzu which was heavenly. Our other entree was the Parmesan Veloute with a Brie custard which was lavishly praised from across the table.

Our mains were Beef Fillet with Beef Cheek and Roast Duck Breast with Mandarin and Sherry which left nothing wanting. As an extra side the fries with Parmesan were in a class of their own.

Although my companion enjoyed it, the only jarring note for me was the Dulce de Leche Creme Brulee which was over-sweet. I forgive because I'll be returning to Paris Butter.

1  Thank miznthrop

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Four of us went for dinner and not only was the food delicious the staff were amazing and 2 of the waitresses were french! The restaurant was 80% full which always leads to a nice buzzy atmosphere, warm and we sat at table with 2 of us on bench seats and the boys on chairs. My fish was delicious and the beans as well.....There is a lot of choice in Ponsonby/Herne Bay and we are all pleased we went to Paris Butter :)

2  Thank Destination815231
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Dinner. So many choices out there. So hard to make the right one. Don’t fret, I’ll make it for you.
Take the lady (or man) you love and sit down together at Paris Butter. Order a glass of champagne while you peruse the menu. Again I can make this simple for you. The steak melts in your mouth even before you take a bite. You might not be a steak person (why you’re eating at a French restaurant is beyond me, but ok, I get it we are all different) which is ok as the duck my mademoiselle ate was also perfection on a plate.

Well designed layout, soft lighting and expert staff. Good wines.

I could go on, but if you’re not sold already you would have stopped reading by now anyway.

1  Thank Bryn D
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Beautifully presented, delicious combination of flavours. I would thoroughly recommend Paris Butter to family and friends for an all around special dining experience.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

I have visited Paris Butter three times and everytime have had the same amazing well presented tasty food, full of flavour. The staff/service is also spot on. Can't wait until the next time I dine here.