Open today: 6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Auckland & Beyond Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Auckland & Beyond Tours
from US$343.86
from US$392.00
from US$251.02
More Info
All reviews hobbiton movie set hobbiton tour driver chris day tour geothermal valley amazing tour comfortable trip new zealand goat island photo spots glow worm caves wai o tapu waitomo caves safe driver highly recommended tour great trip excellent driver
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

It was easy to arrange the tour, basically in few messages we already had our reservation - date, time and place!! Driver was on time and very nice and patient :) Tour included ride to Hobbiton, entrance to Hobbiton, snacks, sweets and water!
Our bucket list experience done in the most easy and nice way!!

Date of experience: September 2017
Aucklandtoursnz, Manager at Auckland & Beyond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2017

Thanks for your kind words & glad to have helped tick an experience off your bucket list!

Reviewed 5 September 2017

First, let me say that our family has traveled to all 50 states and just over 40 countries. Particularly when traveling abroad, we virtually always use private tour companies to show us the sites. I can say unequivocally, that Auckland & Beyond Tours is as good as we've ever used! Fantastic!

I communicated with a number of tour companies prior to our family's 2-week trip to New Zealand. After communicating with Peter at Auckland & Beyond, he made my decision easy. Although I was way behind on my advanced planning, Peter picked up the pieces and put together an absolutely amazing itinerary.

Our family tends to be quite aggressive when it comes to tour itineraries as we like to see as much as possible while in country. Peter didn't disappoint, as his two-week itinerary had us arriving into Auckland, touring much of the North Island during week one followed by an equally impressive tour of the South Island.

Peter and his lovely bride Mai were our guides for the entire two weeks. They are both truly wonderful people! Peter was very knowledgeable and focused on insuring we had the best possible time while in New Zealand. There is a lot of driving needed, especially to see both the North and South islands. We all felt at ease with Peter driving and trust me, you will feel very safe with Peter always nearby. Mai was wonderful as well and was always there to answer any questions, provide additional information on the sites, took hundreds of professional quality photographs of us and by the way, you won't meet a sweeter person anywhere!

Peter and Mai picked us up in Auckland and over the next week we toured the entire Auckland area, Coromandel, Hobbiton, Rotorua and its' geo-thermal areas, Waitomo and its' glow worms and finished our tour of the North Island in Wellington. Along the way, we saw many types of animals up close including Dolphins, Black Swans, 100 or so pigs crossing the road, goats, cattle and of course... sheep. Lots of sheep! Among other things, we had dinner at the top of the Auckland Sky Tower, stayed in seaside towns, road vintage trains, went Zorbing, took a relaxing boat ride on Lake Waitomo,took a cable car to top of a mountain that overlooked all of Wellington and visited the famous National Museum.

A very cool ferry ride from Wellington, across the Cook Straight and through beautiful Marlborough had us arriving onto the South Island at Picton. On the South Island, we visited Abel Tasman National Park and Nelson, the oldest town in NZ. After a wonderful catamaran tour of Able Tasman, we made our way down to the spectacular Mt. Cook and Fox Glacier area. Next, weaving our way down the western coast we made it to beautiful Wanaka. After a private winery tour and some great sushi in town, we went horseback riding the next morning and then headed to nearby Queenstown. Peter and Mai had us busy there with unforgettable activities including Shot Over Jet Boats, dogsledding, gondola rides up and luge rides down a mountain and a spectacular plane ride over the New Zealand Alps to stunning Milford Sound.

To avoid us having to endure a 12-hour road trip to Christchurch, Peter and Mai drove all night themselves while having us relax the night in Queenstown and take a short commercial flight the following morning. They were there to meet us at the Christchurch airport in time to give us a very interesting tour of the still earthquake ravaged city, including a really "cool" tour of the Penguin Antartica Experience. Again, to help our tight schedule, Peter and Mai put us on a flight from Christchurch to Auckland to catch our flight home from AUK while they drove the two day trek back to their home in Aukland.

As we were traveling during winter, we did hit a bit of inclement weather along the way, which led to the postponement/cancellation of a couple of activities. Peter and Mai were fantastic at adjusting, moving things around and adding different activities that fit the current unavoidable weather. Didn't miss a beat!

Truly, one of the most spectacular and beautiful countries we have every seen and having Peter and Mai show us around was very much a blessing. We all loved spending time with Peter and Mai. It was like riding around with good friends or family members. Hope they didn't mind our family's DJ skills/choices (the van was rockin') and our girl's singing along the way!

Auckland & Beyond and in particular, Peter and Mai, made our wonderful trip to New Zealand one our family will remember forever!

With our sincere thanks,

The Wilson Family
California, USA

Date of experience: July 2017
Aucklandtoursnz, Owner at Auckland & Beyond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

To: Wilson Family,

I am speechless from your review, I really am.

Let me start by saying how much we miss you and want you all to come back!
Matt, Anita, Julia & Megan it's time for a summer visit to New Zealand, I know you want it :)

This tour was fun from day one till day thirteen for us too, it took a bit of work to organise it all but it was all worth it.
Driving was entertaining, especially listening to American Country music and screaming out load from the windows... Karaoke style!

Your family was kind, polite, understandable and outgoing. We were so happy taking you around every part of New Zealand.

Since we started our trip and picked you up in Auckland airport, touring all around North & South Islands till we said goodbye back at the airport, we loved every second of the time we spent with your family.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and reading your amazing review about our tour company makes all these memories come flashing back.

We are happy you enjoyed the professional photographs that Mai took of you throughout the trip, I knew you would appreciate your private paparazzi while touring NZ!

You are more than our guests, you are now family to us. We hope to see you again really soon either in USA or back in New Zealand.

Best regards,
Auckland & Beyond Team

Reviewed 4 September 2017

I had no problem with the pickup driver came on time, comfortable car, we had an amazing experience at the Hobbiton movie set tour our Driver Richard is so nice to answer our questions excellent service indeed!

Date of experience: August 2017
Aucklandtoursnz, Manager at Auckland & Beyond Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2017

Thank you for your kind review.
We appreciate your feedback & glad that we have met your expectations.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

The booking was so convienient, fast and customer service was excellent.

They made everything too easy and their website is very imformative & user friendly.

I went on a few tours with them during my trip:

- they customized a five day tour around the North Island for me and my family, that was wonderful! I just chated on whats app with the organiser who asked about my interests and budget and he made a customized itenary that was perfect for us. We didi allot of activties: kayaking, horse riding, sky diving, snow boarding & visited such beautiful place.

- I also did one day return tours from Auckland.

I cant say thank you enough for the amazing time you gave us.
Drivers were very knowlegable, their vehicles are soo comfortable!

I will definatly recommend Auckland & Beyond Tours to everyone visiting New zealand!

Date of experience: August 2017

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate that you took the time to write your feedback about your experience with Auckland & Beyond Tours.

We are always happy to see you come back to Auckland and use our services. We always target to exceed our clients' expectations and to provide an unforgettable once in a life time experience on every trip.

Looking forward to see you again on your next visit for a new amazing adventure in New Zealand.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

A nice day to visit Matamata for a Hobbiton movie set tour... Peter takes us to the area smoothly and had few stops for photo taking of nice scenery... I will recommend this tour to my friends as well...

Thanks for your review.