1,174 results
All reviews malaysian restaurant sky tower mustard seed hobson street homeless people queen street new zealand per day central location free wifi walking distance large room booked this hotel auckland city standard room bed was very comfortable small kitchen
Reviewed 30 July 2018

Very comfortable room, very clean. My English is not very good, but all the staff are friendly and patient, they have given me a lot of help. it would be better if you could pay for dinner. I will choose your hotel next time.

Room tip: I think all room is ok
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ACH157, Manager at Auckland City Hotel-Hobson St, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments about our clean, comfortable rooms and friendly staff. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2018

The room is just like a home that has all we needed, and more. Good area convenient to shopping, Foods, fast exit to motorway. I wish I can stay for longer. Staff are friendly, helpful, really enjoy staying there.

Room tip: room between number 1-5, 13 (eg 313, 301) with cooking facility, 3rd floor good, laundry there
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Pau,

Thank yo for your kind compliments regarding our convenient location.

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

My friend and I were in Auckland to see Dynamo at the Spark Arena on Thursday. We decided to stay on Friday night to explore (for my mate).

We booked online at Booking.com for a reasonable 2 bedroom hotel for 2 nights. We found this place for $414. It was near the Sky city and all the eateries and bars.

The parking space entrance is located just up on Cook Street and then a right hand turn into the driveway. You have to get out of your car and buzz the reception who let's you into the car park area.

It was a tight space and cost $30 for a 24 hour period. You can go in and out as much as you like. You also have to leave the keys at the front desk so they can move the car if needed.

The room itself was pretty decent. Our room was a split level, with the bathroom and beds on the top floor and the living room and kitchen on the bottom floor.

We didn't have a view of anything but other apartments but that was ok.

The tv didn't have sky but just the normal tv channels.

The beds were soft and comfortable and the shower had good pressure.

The breakfast buffet was $28 a per person. It's ok for what you get and had the best congee I've tasted since I was a kid.

Overall, a good place for a couple of nights.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Dean,

Thank you for your kind compliments. Just a small clarification, we do have Sky Movies, Sky Sports 1, and Sky BBC News channels on our TVs. We hope that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

The hotel is small and pleasant with nice helpful staff and amenities (pool table, cafe, bikes).

Pros: Staff were all very pleasant and helpful. Room size was generous with a small kitchenette. Decor was simple and stylish. Central location - next block up from Skycity so felt really close to the action. Easy access to Queen St, buses, Viaduct. Family rooms allow 5 people with a pullout couch.

It would get a 4 star rating from me if the following things were improved.
Cons: The family room was set up for only 2 people with only two towels, two small pillows per bed, two pieces of each crockery item in the kitchenette, and one extra blanket. The bathroom didn't have a shelf to put your makeup bag and hair care on so it had to perch on the side of the sink getting splashed. The kitchenette could have been better equipped with a coffee maker and some cooking utensils. Though it isn't for preparing a full size meal it would be nice to have a few more food preparation items. The car park was overly full and required a 16 point turn to get in and out of.

To get a 5 stars rating I'd suggest:
- Fluffy towels in abundance
- Tidy up molding tiles and scratched walls, dirty vents and drains
- New cutlery and kitchen prep equipment
- Capsule coffee maker in room
- Warm fluffy throw blankets on beds
- Larger firm pillows

I paid $166 for my room off Agoda. Comparing this to my room at $175 at the Avani Metropolis it wasn't great value, it was simply good value. I would return but I'd hope for improvements.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Charity,

Thank you for your kind compliments regarding our staff, location, and amenities. We are in the process of progressively upgrading our rooms over the next few months, so we hope to be able to welcome you back to an improved experience by summer time!

Reviewed 18 July 2018

I have now stayed at the City Hotel 4 times for both business and recreational purposes - it's a good price for mid-range central Auckland, well appointed, warm, friendly, comfortable and well equipped with all the essentials. The booking staff and staff on the front desk are friendly and efficient and the rooms are spotlessly clean. Plenty of heating in the winter and aircon for the summer. I highly recommend it and will certainly stay there again.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a city view.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Liz,

Thank you for your kind compliments, we hope to see you back here soon!