“Great place, great vibes”

White and Wong's - Viaduct, Auckland
Ranked #66 of 1,968 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Description: White + Wong's 'East meets West' cuisine takes classic street foods from China, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Malaysia and Thailand - the noodles, soups, curries and delicious dumplings - and created an eclectic menu to pick and choose from to suit. Flavoursome Massaman and red curry pastes made from scratch. Oysters, and sashimi with freshly ground wasabi root. We're not purists, so if it's tasty, White + Wong's are steaming it, frying it and serving it up fresh and fast. In some dishes you'll find untouched classics like the Bang Bang chicken and BBQ pork buns, while others, whole Peking Ducks, numbing & fragrant prawns and BBQ meats are our take on Chinese street food, tweaked and re-imagined. White + Wong's brings big and fresh Asian flavours to the central viaduct, right on the water.
Reviewed 15 February 2024 via mobile

Visited White + Wong after friend’s suggestion and certainly didn’t disappoint! Food was amazing, though a little pricey. Very busy when we visited but didn’t take long to be served. Great location, would definitely go back!

Date of visit: February 2024

Reviewed 9 February 2024 via mobile

We were in Auckland for a couple of days from a cruise ship and I researched the many restaurants in the port area. We wandered around the lovely traffic-free harbour front and White and Wong looked great. Got a table on the outside deck overlooking the water. We requested a table with proper chairs as a lot of local restaurants have so many stool type seats, just a hard round stool with no back, beyond uncomfortable but plenty of people seemed happy with that. The chap at reception was very happy with that and we had a nice table for four for just the two of us. The waitress was very sweet and efficient, explained the menu. My problem is that I can’t tolerate chilli, though I like all other Asian spices, so a lot of the menu was off limits for me. I thought that I could just order something without the chilli but she explained that in many of the dishes is wasn’t just a garnish but an integral part of the dish. My boyfriend who like chilli had the Kung Pao chicken which he said was excellent. I just ordered a dish of broccolini in miso and shared his fried rice. We barely ate half the rice as a single portion would feed at least three. I ordered a glass of NZ rose and some ice cubes. When I ordered a second glass the (different) waiter brought with another glass of ice cubes without being asked. Top marks for noticing and great service! We enjoyed the experience so much that we intend to return tomorrow for the (chilli free!) Peking duck. A great restaurant with lots of style in a lovely waterside setting.

Date of visit: February 2024
Reviewed 31 January 2024 via mobile

Delicious food and attentive staff thoroughly enjoyed my time here. Cocktails were delicious and there was a vast number of options to choose from for both food and drinks!

Date of visit: January 2024
Reviewed 30 January 2024

Busy day in the City and this is the perfect venue for a winddown meal right next to the classic yachts on the water. Great atmosphere and flavoursome food coupled with a good selection of wines. The staff are great, attentive but not in your face. Highly recommended to anyone who loves Asian fusion food.

Date of visit: December 2023
Reviewed 26 January 2024

On the water but very limited water views, busy, hot very average Chinese food. Well overrated for me. Wine prices were OK. Would not return, although I am sure without this review it will continue to attract crowds. I think it's a tourist trap to be honest. It's a chain apparently. Our waitress was lovely. I know its Chinese and it's fast food, but if you are wanting a more leisurely dinner, this is not the place. It's very noisy (it's Chinese).

Date of visit: December 2023