Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Worst club I've ever been to, do not come here.

Although this used to be a good club it has taken a significant turn for the worse, mostly due to... read more

Reviewed 1 October 2017
LindsayJ419
'Best club in Australia' title is a joke!

Reviewed 7 March 2015

from US$40.30
from US$51.30
from US$66.40
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 March 2015

First things first: I've written this review because I'm peed off. I paid $25 to get into Ambar on Friday night which is pretty steep, but oh well, 'Straya! I really wanted to go and hear some drum n bass, and the DJs delivered. In my opinion, the sound isn't great; I expect a better quality of tone from the 'best club in Australia', and THAT entry fee. But I guess I have been spoilt in London and Europe for sound systems in super-clubs. Whatever, it was merely an observation. My real problem was the door staff. I accompanied my friend out for a cigarette, and we then had to get in line for re-entry. While there, some angry chick on the door swiped it off me and screamed at the doormen not to let me back in at all because I'd had a drink. They duly followed orders and could not be reasoned with. Despite the fact that I was now a lone young woman who'd made an HONEST mistake- no-one had taken the drink away from me before I went out and I had no idea that you couldn't take drinks outside- the doormen seemed to enjoy the fact that I was now stuck outside on my own while all my friends were in. What the hell, Ambar! Thanks for ruining the rest of my night. My first clubbing experience in Perth, supposedly the best club, ruined by a little nutter and her unreasonable droids on the door.

It's small and grimy, and not in an underground-cool way. It's safe to say not only will I NOT be going back there again, I'm going to make a point of telling people new to Perth that it's a place to avoid. Ambar charging $25 and not creating a unique atmosphere with a great sound quality or even decor, on top of treating punters like morons, is an absolute rip-off.

Date of experience: March 2015
13  Thank Katie P
Reviewed 8 November 2014

Famous for underground sounds (and is literally in a basement) - Ambar is one of Perth's longest running nightclubs.

Still as good as the early 2000's - Ambar is your guaranteed go-to for international quality underground dance music. Famous for breakbeat, bass, drum n bass and everything in that realm.

In the CBD as opposed to the Northbridge-nightlife-district; people go to Ambar as a destination venue, not a drop-in venue.
Crowd is renowned for being safe and friendly.

Open every Friday and Saturday from 10pm to 5am; door price varies from $5 - $20 depending on the event.

Date of experience: September 2014