Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Review Highlights
The Nutcracker at the Maj.

Went to my first ballet performance, at His Majesty's theatre (my first time there too) and was... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Charlie G
Mandurah, Australia
MORNING MELODIES

Morning Melodies is qluite an attraction for the oldies and very well attended. Local Musicians... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Joan S
Perth, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Perth
from US$99.00
from US$121.00
from US$66.30
from US$157.60
More Info
All reviews dress circle swan lake pre show lounge cafe australian opera excellent view of the stage beautiful building peter pan ballet production tickets interval petersburg orchestra acoustics stalls queue
Reviewed 16 June 2017

Went to see the play, "The Play That Went Wrong' at His Majesty's Theatre and loved the whole experience. The theatre is very grand and luxurious and unlike other bigger venues, seems more personal. We had exceptionally great seats and our view was excellent so I am not sure how the others found the view, although I believe they were ok given the staggered seats. I am not sure what the theatre is like in the day time, however, at night, the ambiance does much to enhance the experience for me.

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I found that the best way to enjoy the theatre, is to see a show, and that's what I did tonight.

The theatre is beautiful inside, very ornate and lots of history.

Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

Went to see Tosca which was brilliant and a great show by the Western Australia Opera. Had enjoyed this at the Bolshoi Theatre in Moscow and at the Saigon Opera House. Both of the latter before their restorations, however they were heads and shoulders above His Majesty's Theatre in terms of venue.

2 out of 5 toilets in the ladies (including the disabled toilet) were out of order, no paper towels saw a queue that lasted well beyond the 20 minute intermission and was extremely frustrating for my wife.

The temperature in the theatre must have been set for winter as we were extremely warm. We thought it might be just us, but every gentleman had his jacket off and the ladies were fanning themselves.

Shame to be distracted from a really great show, but after paying a premium for 'best tickets' you expect the basics to work.

1  Thank ChairmanWIFB2013
Reviewed 6 April 2017

A group of us did the "behind the scenes" tour yesterday, what a wonderful two hours of information! Mr Ivan King, OAM, our personal tour guide, divulged quite a few little secrets about the theatre, historically and performers! What an impressive building, something Perth can be very proud of. A visit to the museum was also included, the artefacts are changed every three months, brings back memories!

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Located on Hay Street (near the corner to King Street) it is easy to include the small theatre into your shopping or sight-seeing tour.

The first thing you'll learn is that it is apparently one of only two theatres of HIS Majesty due to the fact of having been built during King Edward's reign as opposed to the many others that were built later.

Short walk-in tours are offered for free where you can visit the auditorium and get basic information on the theatre's history and restoration.
More extensive tours can be booked for a fee.

Not spectacular but worth a short visit.
So if you are in the area just pop in!