“Birthday Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: +61 8 9309 1710
Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

I don't think I've ever had a bad experience here and this visit was no exception. I don't really understand the poor reviews. This place is a relaxed, unpretentious family friendly buffet diner. Perfect for groups, not particularly intimate or romantic, always popular.
Service was particularly good today, friendly and polite. New manager since we last visited? Saw the owner who wished us a good evening as we left. They even bought us a silver platter, lighter for the candles, cutting knife, plastic cutlery and paper plates for our birthday cake we took with us.
The food was delicious as always. Loads of creamy pasta, fall apart roast beef, beef curry, beautiful fried battered fish, fresh prawns, dolmades, potato bake were my highlights. Others enjoyed the chilli mussels but some shells were empty. The homemade bread looked delicious, though I didn't partake others did. The tiramisu was gorgeous. A lot of choice I think with a Mediterranean edge. I thought $7 corkage a bit steep but the bottled beers are not bad at $6. Ice cold water immediately brought to table. Adding soft drinks into the buffet price would make this better value. Very enjoyable evening. Will be back.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Floss40

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I don't really get buffets. Sure, you can eat your fill, but for value for money they're an incredibly expensive and unsatisfying way to eat out. Amici however is in a class of it's own... in a bad way!!!

The range of dishes on offer - very very limited. Only one half of the small bane marie was being used.

The quality of the dishes - Blech! Over salted. Chicken legs that were chewy. Roast beef that tasted vinegary. Bland lasagne. Need I go on?

The cost - For $30-35 per person, I could go to a decent restaurant, get a fresh cooked delicious meal, and have a really pleasant and satisfying dining experience.

Atmosphere - Depressing because it was so empty. Lights in the majority of the dining area were off and only 3 other customers during our stay.

Customer service - This was actually really great. Very friendly and welcoming gentleman. Tried his best but simply let down by food and depressing atmosphere of an empty restaurant

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

The food was lovely especially the roast beef, pastas,chicken .The staff is friendly. I don't think the prizing is fair though , bit more expensive .

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank tisha s
Reviewed 2 August 2017

The atmosphere is great here and the food is top quality. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. My friend and I went to Amici's to celebrate my becoming a grandmother.
I was pleased to hear that they also cater for events and parties of all types.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Loved this place
First time there first a few birthday celebrations all at once. The food and hospitality were sooo good. Very much looking forward to going back.

Date of visit: May 2017