1,069 results
All reviews smorgasbord breakfast pastry shop quaint hotel single room murray st excellent breakfast central location downtown perth an overnight stay train station rooms are small the heart of the city across the road mini bar standard room public transport short stay
Reviewed 30 October 2015

I enjoyed my two night stay in the quirky Miss Maud (Swedish) Hotel. It is a rather old Hotel but is very well maintained, and well run, with an adjoining up market restaurant and also a pastry outlet, both able to be billed to the room. There is no iron in the rooms, but a guest laundry on the second floor.My only adverse comment is a creaky floor, and the shower over the bath is a little cramped. It is on the Red Cat route and very close to the Mall. Overall, a good experience, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Clauspaulus, Manager at Miss Maud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2015

Hi Rod,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review of our hotel with your fellow travellers.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stray with us and would definitely stay with us again in the future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks for the observation about the iron in the room. We do have a full guest laundry on the second floor, but understand that this is not quite the same as an iron in your room. I have instructed Housekeeping to purchase an additional iron and board, which, if requested from reception, can be delivered to your room for your convenience.
I will keep an eye out for the creaky floorboards and will ask maintenance to have a look at eliminating where possible.

I am pleased that you chose to stay with us and that you enjoyed your visit to the CBD.

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We stayed for four nights in late October. We had room 174, a larger corner room facing Murray and Pier Streets. Large comfortable room, comfortable king sizes bed. Free Wi-Fi( take note most other hotels). A very good buffet breakfast was included in the room price. Very helpful and friendly staff especially in the restaurant. We opened the windows so there was some street noise but with the windows closed no noise.
I would recommend Miss Maud and will stay there again on my next visit to Perth

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank donswim
Clauspaulus, Manager at Miss Maud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2015

Hi Donswim,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and sharing your 5* experience with your fellow travellers and us.

174 is one of our Superior rooms and has a lovely, spacious and light atmosphere, so we are very glad that you enjoyed the room. Our Wi-Fi has recently been updated, so its great to see good feedback, hopefully you found it not only free, but also Super fast!!

Our Smorgasbord breakfast is one of the highlights for many guests and I am so pleased that you enjoyed the breakfast and that our staff looked after you so well during your stay. I always makes me immensely proud to hear people complimenting staff, and I will share your review with them.

Again, thank you for your terrific review and we hope to see you again at Miss Mauds next time you are in Perth on Business.

Kind reagrds

Reviewed 22 October 2015

I recently had the pleasure of staying at Miss Maud Swedish Hotel for a night whilst transiting through Perth after a journey abroad to Siam.

The check-in process was efficient, and involved taking an imprint of my credit card with a manual machine (which is always my preference, as it makes me less vulnerable to cyber theft). Whilst waiting for our keys, I was pleased to notice the many awards Miss Maud won between 1996 and 2001 proudly on display.

The room itself was impeccably clean and very comfortable. Although our outlook was on onto a public bar across the street, double glazed windows kept out the ruckus and a synthetic flower box below the window filtered our view of the riff-raff drinking their ale.

Venturing outside our room, the floral wallpaper of the maze-like corridors gave way to exquisite Swedish artworks and paraphernalia at every turn. This beautiful labyrinth was also home to a number of more practical guest amenities - including a Windows 95 business centre and communal electric iron.

The breakfast buffet was included in our room rate and I was delighted to find Miss Maud has kept the experience true to awards she won in 1996, refusing to waver to modern trends.

Pan-European designer coffees, such as cappuccino and café latte, are available at extra cost. Wanting to treat myself, I took advantage of this service. My café latte was served in a fashionable, tall glass, although I was little disappointed to find the milk and coffee were not presented as separate layers, as has been my previous experience with this beverage.

All-in-all Miss Maud Swedish Hotel provided a truly memorable experience that my partner and I will be talking about for years to come. Five stars!

Room tip: Leave it to chance and take in the wonderful artworks in the corridors!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank EssJay_AU

Hi Essjay,

Thank you so much for your glowing 5* review of our Hotel, I am so pleased that we made your stop-over in Perth such a memorable one!

Our décor has been collected over many years and I am glad that you took the time to wander and enjoy. They do provide that little bit of Sweden into a hotel in the heart of Perth’s CBD.

I was also delighted to see that you enjoyed our breakfast Smorgasbord, which has thrilled and delighted our guests for many years… It’s great to see that it was a delightful experience for you.

I am so pleased that we have added some truly memorable experiences to you trip and hope that if you are travelling through Perth again, we will see you again at the Miss Maud Hotel

Kind Regards

Reviewed 21 October 2015

We stayed at Miss Maud's for 6 nights during late September and early October. The tariff was reasonable, and automatically included a full buffet breakfast.
The hotel is located in a very central position in Perth, only a block from the main shopping malls. It is not a flash modern hotel, but has a very warm feeling, and the rooms are very comfortable, and of adequate, but not huge size.
Miss Maud's is a Perth landmark involving as well as the hotel, a lovely pastry shop and a wonderful buffet restaurant open for brakfast, lunch and dinner.
The breakfast which is included in the tariff is exceptional, as is the dinner buffet.
We loved the location, the overall ambiance, and the food.

Room tip: If you want something larger, pay extra for a superior queen room.
Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

HI Ron

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel with other travellers.

I am so pleased to hear that you describe the hotel as have a ‘’very warm feeling’’ I get a great deal of satisfaction from knowing that we manage to make people feel at home and very comfortable when staying with us.

It’s also great to hear that you tried out both the Pasty Shop and our Restaurant and enjoyed the delights of both breakfast and dinner!!

Thanks for the great review and we hope you visit us again next time you visit Perth

Reviewed 20 October 2015

Good location with good value rates
Clean comfortable medium sized room/bathroom
Free fast wifi
Excellent buffet breakfast which is comparable with any high star hotel breakfast I have tasted in Europe
Staff friendly and helpful

Room tip: Definitely include the breakfast when booking
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Clauspaulus, Manager at Miss Maud Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2015

HI Lozatwoz

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent stay and for the glowing review of breakfast, it is high praise indeed to be amongst the best you have experienced across Europe… so we thank you for that (the chefs will be delighted).

I was also thrilled to hear that you found our Free Wi-Fi fast as we have recently upgraded our system to ensure that we have great connection and fast speeds.

Our aim as a team is to offer the best service and it is always great to see reference to how helpful and friendly our staffs are, I will share this with them.

Again, thank you for your 5* review and we hope to see you at Miss Maud Swedish hotel again.