1,579 results
All reviews petite queen room great location rooms are small short stay across the road comfortable bed train station central location miss mauds ironing board walking distance stay there again public transport free wifi one night stay checking out the heart of the city
Reviewed 15 September 2015

The Pensione Perth is a decent enough hotel in a good location on the east end of Perth CBD. It's walking distance to everything and the hotel staff are friendly. The co-located bar and restaurant are a nice touch as you can grab a drink or a meal after work. On Fridays and Saturdays it does get VERY loud in the bar but luckily the noise didn't seem to filter through to the rooms (I was on level 5).
The rooms are somewhat cozy - I was in a Petite Queen, which fit the bed, a very small bedside table, my suitcase on the floor and that's about it! I would not stay in a Queen room with two people as it would be claustrophobic.... Apparently there are bigger rooms which I would recommend couples look in to.
The bathroom is also somewhat on the small side but super clean, and really what more can you ask for?
For the price, and getting a room in Perth for a good price is no small feat, the Pensione is absolutely a good deal. I would stay again.

Room Tip: I would be looking in to rooms on a higher level due to the noise from the bar.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank justcallmeryan
Brett T, General Manager at Pensione Hotel Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2015

Dear justcallmeryan,

Thanks for choosing to stay with us and for providing your wonderful feedback.

I am thrilled you had an enjoyable stay and found the service, value and location to be suitable for your needs.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

I enjoyed my stay at the Pensione hotel (my first experience with the 8Hotels chain). As several reviewers have mentioned, the rooms are (very) small and in fact I struggled to find a space to open my suitcase, but it was ok for the 3 nights I stayed there. Had I had to share the room with another person, it would have felt claustrophobic, but for one occupant, it was o.k. for a short period of time. I found the bed very comfortable and liked the selection of toiletries (would not have minded a body lotion, though). Upon asking for the WiFi code, I was immediately upsold to the faster, paid version, being told by the receptionist that the free one is "only for checking your e-mails, really" so I paid the AU$5/day for the faster connection. My room was on the first of seven (I believe) floors and very quiet, traffic-wise. The only thing I could hear was the pipes of my neighbour's bathroom as the dividing walls are not very soundproof, but I didn't mind that.The location is really the hotel's best asset - both the main museums and the shopping areas are a few minutes walk. I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo

Dear Marichan X,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at our little Hotel. I’m sure more than a few of our future guests will be grateful for all of the information you’ve provided.

As you pointed out, our standard “Petite Queen” rooms are indeed rather compact, but I’m glad this didn’t stop you from enjoying your stay. If you do end up returning with another guest, or stay for a little longer next time, I’d recommend looking at our Deluxe and Premium King rooms. The little bit of extra space really goes a long way.

Once again, thank you for your in-depth review and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 15 September 2015 via mobile

I stayed here while undergoing job interviews in perth and it was the perfect place to stay. Centrally located near the bus and train terminals, great shopping nearby and the room was modern and clean. The service provided by the staff was fantastic, friendly and down to earth.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank raerae2727

Dear raerae2727,

Thank you for your lovely words about our central location, accommodating team, and clean rooms. I’m glad we were able to help while you were undergoing job interviews over here, and the whole team sends their luck and best wishes.

Hopefully we’ll see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Location is perfect to get around Perth. Staff are very professional and polite. Security is good. Rooms are very clean and tidy. Handy restaurant and bar with good staff as well. So easy to walk to malls, hospital and restaurants

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank A5819PZkevinl

Dear A5819PZkevinl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our little Hotel and share your experiences with our future guests. You’ve done a great job promoting what makes our Hotel special – great location, a friendly Team, and clean rooms. It’s an absolute pleasure to read that we were well suited to your needs on this occasion.

Thanks again for the five stars and we would love to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2015

i returned to the hotel again and was greeted by very friendly staff. The room was very clean and fresh with the heavenly bed in which to sleep after traveling to Perth. I like this hotel as it is also very convenient to the CBD ad West Perth via free bus service. Wi-Fi (if requied) is very cheap and is unlimited usage...great to explore the web. I will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank brettl901

Dear brettl901,

The only greater compliment than to see a guest returning is to read about it on TripAdvisor! It’s great to hear our friendly Team and comfortable beds were able to make this trip as enjoyable and fruitful as possible. Thank you for your lovely compliments and the great review.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.