“Karaage chicken is outstanding too ”

Nao Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #24 of 1,587 Restaurants in Perth
Cuisines: Japanese
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The reviews on here hardly comment on the karaage chicken, but it’s outstanding! It’s kind of like fried deboned chicken wings, little morsels of tender juicy deliciousness!
The ramen is 10 out of 10. I had miso and added extra pork and dried seaweed.
A must-visit.

1  Thank bookanothahol

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

This rating is premised on the cozy atmosphere, helpful and friendly staff, cleanliness and quality of the food. On this Sunday cold afternoon in Perth, we walked a bit looking for a place offering lunch and as soon as I got to the door at Nao’s, I walked straight in following the inviting smell let alone the fine looking waiter welcoming us I ordered the squid ink noodles, seafood with hot and spicy sauce. I am born in a place where chilli is a staple hence I felt that I couldn’t get to the level of spiciness I was after. I also expected more seafood flavour but it was overpowered by the sesame oil. The taste of the chasu pork was good and I felt they gave a general serve of seafood in my soup. But after all, I decided Ramen is not quite my thing. Happy I had it though

Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Unless you can hop on a plane to Japan to get your ramen fix, there really is no better place for ramen in Perth.
Nao moved to its new premises some time ago, it was a big upgrade from its original hole in the wall down on Murray St and meant they could accommodate lots more hungry ramen hunters. The restaurant isn’t the place for a quiet romantic meal - it’s busy and noisy but it’s got a great buzz and while you wait you can watch the chefs at work, dishing out bowl after bowl of steaming hot ramen. The noodles are made on site by owner/chef - their freshness makes all the difference.
My got to is the Miso, his is the spicy. Bowls are generous in size, filled with chasu pork, bamboo, seaweed, plenty of noodles and delicious broth. There’s extra you can add to tailor your ramen to your tastes. Nao also offer range of yummy smaller dishes - karage chicken, gyoza, etc. Plus, there’s also a range of rice bowls.
Dinner for two adults (2 ramen, 2 sides) comes in at $50, and trust me, you will leave feeling very full, sporting yourself a ramen food baby :)
If you like Japanese food, check out Nao. If you love ramen, then definitely get yourself to Nao.

Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

I used to be a customer when they were located at Murray St, but since they moved to a bigger, better location, they became even better.
The queue is always huge at the door, which for me is a great indication.
Every option of Ramen is outstanding. Friendly staff however there is surcharge even for EFTPOS, which is unfortunately.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

This is my favourite ramen place to go to in Perth. Always so quick, and the servings are huge! I love it