“Dissapointed with lunch”

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Neighbourhood: Perth CBD
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I regularly visit 43 Below for lunch and always love their food but this time I was very disappointed. There were 6 of us from work that went for lunch. Two of us ordered the prawn and mango salad as we thought it would be a light and refreshing. What we received was very disappointing. Not only were the prawns deep fried but we could not find the mango. This was raised with the waiter who said the mango is in the dressing. The Manager approached me and asked what I wanted and I said a few more mangoes considering it is a prawn and mango salad. When I got my salad, there were more mango pieces but they were from a tin and tasted disgusting. This is not acceptable to charge $22 for 6 deep fried tasteless prawns and tinned mango. If the Chef does not have enough seasonal produce then it should not be on the menu. Gordon Ramsay would have sent this back to the Chef in disgust. Further the staff need some customer service training and listen to their patrons.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I only went in out of curiosity and ended up having a couple of pints there.
A busy little place, appearing to be doing a roaring trade in reasonably priced food. The beer, for Perth, was quite cheap.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Stumbled on this hidden gem by accident. Heard music frm downstairs and wandered down to find a really grt pub. Friendly staff and good food with daily specials all at a reasonable price. So much so visited place a few times during our week stay in perth

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

I've been here twice when visiting Perth as a convenient place to have dinner in the CBD.

It's nothing fancy but as far as pub food goes I cannot fault them.

My partner had fish & chips, I had the steak. Both of us very impressed with the quality and quantity of the food which tasted great and had a generous portion size.

Food was delivered quickly after ordering and the prices are very reasonable - especially when you consider how much is on the plate.

All things considered, I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone looking for a good pub dinner.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Right in the middle of the CBD where you can enter from Hay Street Mall is a quaint old fashioned pub with great comfy food and wide range of alcohol.