All reviews matso's brewery reception staff full kitchen night stay within walking distance town bus moonlight chinatown accommodation pool keys facilities
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Having previously stayed at the 'Moonlight Bay Suites' my wife was unable rebook there on the weekend as that venue and most hotels were fully booked. We were able to get two nights booked at the 'Bayside Holiday Apartments'.
Following a long drive from Derby we arrived a few minutes before check-in time at 1.00pm, to be advised in a rather terse manner that the room was not ready and that vacancy was FROM 1.00pm, that we would be phoned when the apartment was ready.
We bided out time and returned at 1.30pm to see if there had been any progress in readying the room. On this occasion the receptionist who seemed more senior, ‘Jane’, in a decidedly unfriendly manner advised us again that the apartment was not ready, no idea when it would be, and that we would be phoned when it was.
We then drove our car to park in the apartment shaded parking area while we waited.
We noticed our room number 6 was locked and there was no evidence of any cleaners and wandered around the block to find the cleaners in another room. They assured us that number 6, our apartment, was cleaned and ready for occupancy.
Back again to Jane who with a grimacing version of a smile advised us that the room was ready and gave us the keys, not a hint of warmth or friendliness.
The apartment was clean and comfortable, if a little dated.
If we had not been treated so discourtesy by the reception staff, Jane I particular, I would have rated the experience as ‘very good’. As it stands ‘Poor’ is the best I can muster.
Service with a smile has its rewards!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank murraygray69
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

We were booked into Bayside by our tour organiser. While a basic motel complex, the apartments are ready for an update to modernise the facilities. My biggest complaint would be no twin beds available and only a lumpy sofa bed for a second person. The location is opposite Mato’s and the town bus stop (have your cash ready). You can easily walk to town if you can handle the heat. The pool sits all day in the sun so the 3 min stroll to the sister Moonlight Bay apartments to use their pool is well advised. There is free laundry facilities which are a bonus as well as a full size fridge in the room. No five stars here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JenniT57
Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

I arrived at 230pm after a 10 hour drive to be told I would have to wait for half an hour for a room. Completely exhausted I said I would find somewhere else. I was then suprised and extremely disappointed to find myself charged. If I had arrived at midday I would have understood the need to wait. I was also never told I would still be charged. I rang and spoke to a very unhelpful woman and then sent the manager two emails, weeks apart with no response. Finally I rang to speak to a very unprofessional man. Not an ounce of customer service! I have no idea what the accommodation is like but if something goes wrong there is no comeback. In a town full of options don't go here. Broometime Lodge is a much more helpful, accommodating and professional option.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Natasha C
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Great self contained apartments with pool and opposite Matso's Brewery! Central to town, the Mangrove Hotel - in case it's stairway to the moon time! Comfortable, clean, and if you are coming in from a road or off road trip, as we were, the laundry is handy and free. BYO laundry detergent!

Room Tip: All the rooms are around the pool, so equally good.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anne M
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Stayed here for three nights.

Very, very impressed.

Apartments are very well appointed, with free wifi, a full kitchen, bath, and very friendly and courteous staff.

Great pool area, and virtually central to all that Broome has to offer.

Would gladly recommend.