All reviews irish pub murphy's bar secure parking roebuck bay town beach cable beach poolside room bottle shop business trip would stay here again an upgrade across the road bus stop craig accommodation chinatown matsos
Reviewed 31 October 2018 via mobile

Affordable, friendly,comfy, very secure, best staff! Love the 2 pools and close to Chinatown, town beach and Matso's Micro Brewery.Bus stops close at hand. The only thing to complain about are the pillows, the are flat.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Craig K, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2018

Dear Roslyn_fry,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Mercure Broome and for your kind words of the team.

We are definitely located in a great location and glad you enjoyed. I will also follow up on the pillows with the team.

Thank you again and we hope we can welcome you back again.

Reviewed 30 October 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights to check out the 'staircase to the moon' and explore Broome, best decision made. Staff here were lovely and kind--General Manager gave us the time of day--which in my experience is unparalleled. Room and views were fantastic. It's located in close proximity to local attractions, restaurants, beaches and the likes. The hotel has its very own Irish Pub--located right next door. It's a great chance to meet the locals.

While the hotel isn't brand-spanking new, it compensates with character and history.

Nothing but praises here.

This place truly felt like a home away from home!

Thank you so much to the staff at Mercure--keep up the good work.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Craig K, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Dear Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Mercure Broome and for your such kind words.

It was a pleasure to have you staying with us and glad you were able to experience some of the best sites Broome has to offer in the Staircase to the moon.

Thank you again Sam, and look forward to welcoming you back again in May!

Reviewed 23 October 2018

As always I enjoying staying at this property. I have never had a problem hence that is why the Mercure Broome is my hotel of choice when I come to Broome.
A thank you to Craig and the staff for a very quick check inn and the late check out.
Ps: I did not want the baseball score Craig lol.
Keep up the great work.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 481MarkM
Craig K, General Manager at Mercure Broome, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2018

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Mercure Broome and is always a pleasure to look after you.

Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon and talking about the basketball score next time!

PS - how did the Astros finish up....

Reviewed 23 October 2018

My Wife and I were part of a group of 30 staying at the Mercure Broome. In an overall score of 7/10. The Chef & the bar staff were the standout failures. My Wife has several food allergies and the Mercure Broome had several weeks notice of these allergies. They also had my Wife's phone number so they could ring her if there was any doubt about any of the allergies. The "Food Allergies" included Citrus, Chocolate & Gluten as well as six or so other foods.The "Chef" made a special meal for my Wife - IT HAD LEMON RIND IN IT. The best desert "The CHEF" could manage for desert was fresh fruit & ice-cream. I'd love to know how many years training it takes to learn and practice cutting up fresh fruit and putting it on a plate with Ice-cream.
The bar staff were more interested in talking amongst themselves than serving customers at the bar.

I spoke with "The Duty Manager" (Shay) on the night and was satisfied with her taking whatever action she decided. I wrote my "Complaints" in a letter that night and the following day I had the Motel's General Manager call me to speak about the issues the Duty Manager had passed on. While speaking with Craig I emailed the letter to him.
I believe Craig was going to look at all the issues I raised in the letter.

I WOULD BE HAPPY TO STAY AT THE MERCURE BROOME AGAIN.
On a totally separate issue the rooms do need a fresh coat of paint. Other than that the Mercure Broome would be an excellent place to base yourself to explore the area on your own or take a tour with any of the local tour companies that have several excellent locations to take you.

Date of stay: August 2018

Dear Macca M,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Mercure Broome and for your detailed feedback of the hotel and the team. I have shared your feedback with the chef and as encouragement to ensure he and his team delivers the service above expectations as we strive for.

Thank you again and it was a pleasure speaking with you and hopefully we can welcome you back if ever in Broome again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

The hotel itself is average and nothing impressive to mention. The stuff were helpful and polite, which i feel was the best part of the stay.

Restaurant (The Irish pub) was of a demerit here. Can not get the order right after back and forth btw bar and hotel reception. Till i gave up and ordered room service. The food tend out to be very dispointing. Salad with rotten leaves and meat over sauced - too salty to eat.

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Mercure Broome and for your positive and constructive feedback of the team and the Irish Pub which i do apologise for and will share with the team to follow up accordingly.

Thank you again and we hope you enjoyed the overall time in Beautiful Broome.

Kind regards,