Open today: 10:00 AM - 3:00 AM
Review Highlights
drop in after comedy festival.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

from US$80.10
from US$36.00
from US$28.60
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 March 2018

found this by accident but loved the vibe and the music. staff were great. By far best lemon lime bitters and the shared plates were really nice.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

I’ve been in Melbourne for 4 years now and bar ampere its always been a welcoming place
Ryan the bartender always made me very welcome
I stop going there so often because of the new girl....
If you ever go there please call in advance and make sure Ryan is working
He’s the greatest host
He makes you feel special
Big thanks to him

Date of experience: December 2017
Bootsbyname, Owner at Bar Ampere, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Hi Miss Ryan,

Thank you for your glowing feedback on Ryan who is our venue manager and has impeccable customer service.

I am sorry to hear you no longer come to our venue because of a single staff member. Hopefully the two stars isn't your rating for our business.

Please pop back again one day and give us another go, we strive to give the best customer service in town.

Regards

Bar Ampere

Reviewed 11 December 2017

We visited Bar Ampere after the theatre and really enjoyed it! The décor is so much fun with over 11 artists adding their art to the outside walls and ceiling. We had the absinthe fountain which is definitely an experience and then went on to a good red wine. We also had a charcuterie plate and a cheese platter which were very good.

Great music, good atmosphere, a very typical Melbourne laneway bar - chilled and relaxed.

Date of experience: December 2017
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

I was in the City yesterday afternoon and decided to drop in at Bar Ampere for a drink because it was pouring heavily. My friend and I have been here many times and have always recommended it to friends or brought people along.

We got there about 10 mins to 4pm and was told by the staff setting up that they open at 4pm. The manner of the staff was "I'm annoyed, please go away" and we were slightly uncomfortable but decided to wait outside as it was pouring rain.

We were waiting quietly at a corner at the outside sitting area and a few minutes later this same staff came out and started banging and moving all the tables and chairs very loudly. He finally then went through the front door and slammed it hard deliberately behind him.

By this time we were quite put off and a bit intimidated by the display. We decided to head off to another place despite the rain as we didn't want to be served by him when the bar did eventually open.

Unfortunately even if the bar is not officially open, staff do represent the business while on the premises and this experience had such a negative impact I won't be returning again despite the good wine, nor recommend anyone to.

Date of experience: November 2017
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Tucked away almost out of sight but "absolinthely" worth finding! Greeted at the door by very friendly and helpful staff who are very knowledgeable and clearly passionate about their product. Sat down with my wife and I and talked us through the Absinthe menu, offering what turned out to be spot-on advice on which drink to select. My wife and I have different tastes in drinks but the two we selected were just delightful. Will definitely return to Bar Ampere!

Date of experience: September 2017