All reviews windows restaurant st kilda queens road self park accor member room upgrade accor hotels buffet breakfast chapel street pool and gym bed was comfortable large room public transport early check tram stop great room city
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Very pleased that I chose The Mercure as it was excellent value. All staff that I approached were friendly and helpful. It is connected to The Pullman and the Mercure uses the same lobby area and bar which are modern and inviting. I appreciated that they had a café so I could get a quick and inexpensive bite for breakfast. In addition, I believe they have a pool and gym but I did not make use of them. Valet parking is $35 whereby you can take your car in and out without additional cost or $20 park yourself but it costs $20 each time. You can park on a side street for free from 6pm until 8 am.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanMercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

Good morning auslady,
Great to hear that you have enjoyed whilst with us, thank you for highlighting our team plus points within the hotel. This will be a huge help for our visitors/guests in the future.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanMercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Reviewed 28 April 2018

The Pullman and Mercure Albert Park are outside the CBD but well located for the traveller visitor. Great views over Albert Park lake and the bay. Entry from Queens road is comfortable and large with prompt book in especially as an Accor plus member.
The underground car park is convenient and accessible by lift. The fee of $20 per day is good value although the fee applies for each re entry in a day. Best to park at the front of property if using the car several times in daily stay. The tram stop is in St Kilda road approximately 200 metres walk which can take you to the CBD in 10 minutes.
I enjoyed an upgrade as an Accor gold member to the Pullman with great views over Albert Park Lake. Staff as always were efficient.
I will certainly be back

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business

Hello Rod,
Many thanks for your kind words, I will be sharing your feedback with the team this morning.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

On arrival the hotel foyer was very contemporary and immaculate, that should have been an indication of the room, however it was not. The reception staff were pleasant and attentive, check in was fast and we were issued room 3041. Upon exiting the lifts and approaching the room the hallway had an unusual unpleasant odur. We were greeted at the room door by very dirty stains on the carpet, not a good start. Upon entry to the room first impressions were a tastefully decorated large room with 2 single beds and a queen bed ( I booked a queen room ), I opened the window drapes to reveal a view into a wall about 10 metres away, no view so drapes closedand lights turned on, I prefer natural light but had to settle for lighting. Turning on the lights revealed the following:

Stained/dirty marks on the entry wall,Stained carpet,Stained sofa,Tables dirty Bedside tables stained,the bedside drawer on the queen bed was held closed by adhesive tape that was itself broken and the drawer kept sliding open, who would fix a broken sliding door with basic sticky tape ? The wall behind the queen bed had floor to ceiling stains on the left side, disgusting. The carpet adjoining the bathroom tiles was lifting and frayed, I stubbed my toe, The bathroom tile grout dirty and mouldy on floor and shower The door rattled randomly all night as if a person was trying to enter the room, very annoying and in the morning it was obvious the door lock needed maintenance that would rectify the issue.

On check out I was asked if we enjoyed our stay, I replied no and gave honest feedback and a handwritten list of the defects and filth, the male receptionist in a Basil Faulty of Faulty Towers fame barely blinked an eye, no apology, no offer for compensation or offer of a rebooking and he finished by saying he'd let housekeeping know, he should have let management know.

I suspect we were given a shabby dirty room because we booked via a third party booking service

Its been 4 days since the experience and I naively expected a follow up call, no call.

Room Tip: Check room before unpacking
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
PullmanMercureAP, Rooms Division Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Hello Kitesurfingtheworld,
Thank you for contacting us, this is extremely disappointing that we have let you down on this stay.
If it maybe possible to know you details plus your stay details I will follow up immediately, thank you.
h8788-rd@accor.com

Reviewed 24 April 2018

This hotel is good for the price, the rooms were a little tired but the staff made up for that, I wasn't there much but the bed was comfortable, the breakfast was delicious and the hotel serviced my needs. The restaurant is next door at the Pullman, food normal hotel prices.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
PullmanMercureAP, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Melbourne Albert Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Hello Lisa,
Thank you so much for sending us a great review, we really appreciate it.
Kind regards,