5,028 results
All reviews harry's bar great location spa bath bedroom suite valet parking collins street lounge area small kitchen room service buffet breakfast central location enjoyable stay great room mini bar an upgrade concierge gym
Reviewed 19 April 2017

We stayed for 2 nights over the easter weekend. We enjoyed our stay and the price was right for what we got. The hotel is showing signs of wear but is still in overall good condition. Our room was comfortable for the 3 of us. We were not able to use the indoor pool as the chlorine smell was too overpowering for us.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2017

Dear h0neym00ners00,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. We are glad to know that the you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel . I apologise that you were not able to use our pool due to the chlorine content. Our maintenance manager has checked the log for the last couple days and it is at the required level as per the pool regulations. The hotel is undergoing minor refurbishments to improve the overall look of the hotel . Once again, thank you for your feedback as it assists us in improving the areas that need attention.

Reviewed 19 April 2017

Only upgrade the West Wing rooms, I assume that is the wing with the Dining room. Carpet to Public Areas requires replacing and access card to rooms needs checking as our room 620 was faulty. Dining Room service was excellent also the quality of the food.

Dear Patrick,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your overall stay . The hotel is in the process of changing all the corridor carpets as also the guest room door lock systems. This is a work in progress and should be completed over the next few months.
We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I don't stay here often but love it when I do. There is something really elegant and old school that I like about the Stamford. The staff are wonderful and the room amenities were great but I suspect we had an older room which could benefit from some freshening up. I will definitely come back though.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Karl U, General Manager at Stamford Plaza Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Dear MelanieJ2901,

Thank you for your generous feedback . I am glad to hear that you always enjoy your stay. We are happy to know when are return guests feel that their experience has been consistent . Thank you for your constructive feedback to freshen up the hotel . The team and I are working together to make sure that we continue to maintain our high standards.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

Enjoyed the hotel, would like to stay there each time I come to Melbourne.
Great location and service. Would like a top sheet on the beds though, as difficult to get temperature right. Only had a quilt

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Dear 885damienc,

Thank you for posting a lovely review of your stay at Stamford Plaza Melbourne. I am delighted that you enjoyed our exceptional location in central Melbourne and that you appreciated the service of our friendly and welcoming staff. I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Last stay at Stamford was fantastic. Newly renovated rooms and very comfortable bed, that's why I return to the same hotel. However, this time I need a twin room but only available at the old tower. Room is spacious but facility is very old. I wish it was like the new room that I stayed last time. Everything else is fantastic, except valet parking is $50/day which is really expensive.

Dear daddypig2017,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to know that you liked are new built Superior Queen Rooms. For the benefit of the other readers, I wish to clarify that both towers of the hotel have similar type of rooms. The newly added category of rooms have a modern finish as opposed to the old world charm of our luxurious suites.