2,442 results
All reviews the club lounge alluvial restaurant ambassador member market lane collins street junior suite beautiful hotel natural light star hotel high tea an upgrade valet parking buffet breakfast crown casino southern cross station tram stop atrium
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stay at the InterContinental Railto frequently for work trips. The services has always been of the highest standard; the rooms are immaculate and the breakfast awesome. It comes with a price tag, but worth it. If little touches are important to you; it has one of the best snack selections in the mini bar and always high quality miniatures in the bathroom! I will stay here every time I come to Melbourne.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 00Choops
InterContinentalMlb, Concierge at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good evening 00Choops, We are very pleased to hear that you had an amazing experience from our room features to our breakfast selections.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Concierge

Reviewed 2 November 2018 via mobile

So disappointed. The room is smaller than my study at home but cost me $550 a night!!! I understand it is a busy weekend but when I looked today they had rooms available for half that price. Will absolutely recommend against this hotel. They are lucky I rated a 1.
Staff are pleasant but won’t make up for the ridiculous size of this room
for price. See picture!

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello nikipurse,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry to learn about your disappointment during your recent stay with us. I have shared your comments with the hotel management as reference during the periodic review of the property. I have also sent your a private message regarding your experience.

I hope you change your mind and give us another try!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 October 2018

This is my preferred hotel in Melbourne and have stayed here a number of times. I always get a club room and have access to the lounge where Kishor will look after your every need. His team are very good especially the delightful Bahareh.

The entire staff are proffessional and ready to look after you.
The hotel is built around an old wool store and take time to look at the old photos displayed on the ground floor near the lifts.

As expected being an Intercontinental the standards are very high.

The rooftop pool and gym is very good. The pool is small but the enclosed glass surround make it very relaxing. The gym has a good mix of machines and free-weights dumbbells and there is a sauna. The rooftop garden provides not only a fresh source of herbs to the kitchen but also has bee hives producing fresh honey for guests.

The rear entrance takes you out to the aquarium, train and tram stops and the Yarra River foreshore areas with lots of bars and restaurants. This is also where you can get the free tourist tram which is a great way to get an orientation of Melbourne CBD if you don't know the city.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
InterContinentalMlb, James S at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Terry J,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review of your recent stay with us in Melbourne. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and the service you received especially from Kishor and his team in our Club Lounge.

Assistant Chief Concierge

Reviewed 27 October 2018

I ha stayed at this location many times in the past for business because our office used to be in the Rialto tower next door. Back the the hotel as the Le Meridien. The building is still the same and there is not much that can be done with the layout.

The rooms are comfortable and small, but all you need for a bed of the night. The rooms that I have always stayed in all face inwards to an atrium that has a glass roof, so there is not much in the way of natural light. I like to have the curtains open and have the daylight wake me in the mornings. There was a bit of noise that carries up the atrium because the bar is downstairs and also where the restaurant is. This is especially so when someone decides they want to make a fresh juice.

Breakfast was okay and provided adequate western hot and cold food. I like fresh juice and thought of others sleeping when I went about making my carrot, apply, ginger and orange juice.

The hotel is well situated along Collins street, not far from the main shopping area and the other end of Collins from the luxury brand shops. Our office is now in the docklands next to the stadium and it took 15 minutes to walk there.

A good business hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank KFexis
InterContinentalMlb, Concierge at InterContinental Melbourne The Rialto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Dear Kevin S,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind review of your recent stay with us in Melbourne. We are so pleased to hear that you continue to enjoy staying as a good business hotel and close to your workplace. We hope that we might have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon. Once again thank you for your feedback it is very much appreciated.

Assistant Chief Concierge

Reviewed 26 October 2018

Stayed at this hotel after a 34 hour journey from the UK. The hotel was well situated just near Flinders Street with the tram just down from the hotel. Checking in was easy and our room was large and comfortable. We had booked B&B. The breakfast's were to die for. Massive selection of fruit, bakeries, great long blacks and an omelette station that made anything with eggs to order. Had a drink in the bar one night - very quiet and limited range of cocktails. Overall a great stay experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple