“Dumplings with a twist (and other good food)”
Review of Drumplings

Drumplings
Ranked #1,086 of 4,649 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$5 - US$11
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: We are a unique modern dumpling diner that offers a global twist on a traditional classic. Think Cheeseburger, Mac & Cheese, Beef Rendang, Truffle Mushroom and Chili Con Carne, hand wrapped into a traditional dumpling. We are a destination of exciting new adventures and discoveries. In addition to the global menu, we also offer classic Chinese favourites such as the Xiao Long Bao, Prawn & Ginger dumplings and Gua Baos including Char Sui Pork and Smokey Szechuan Chicken - paying homage and respecting the art and history of dumplings. Using locally produced and sustainably sourced ingredients of the highest quality, Drumplings delivers something entirely new to the Melbourne food scene – an unforgettable taste sensation never before experienced.
Reviewed 19 September 2018

The signwiting on the window caught my attention and I'm glad it did.

If you'd said I'd order the signature Cheeseburger dumplings I would have been unconvinced, but a bit of banter with the waitstaff saw me say "why not" and I was pleasantly surprised. If cheeseburgers tasted like that, I'd eat them more often!

I saw and experienced great service. Staff were always in motion, but never to busy to check in on your table as they moved around.

I'd definitely be keen to go back and try more. The flavours I tasted were amazing. Also really enjoyed the recommended One Fifty Lashes Pale Ale.

Handy location.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Found this place literally by walking past it and very happy we stopped.
The service & attention was impressive and the food unique and outstanding. The infusion of flavours was brilliant.
A slight hiccup with one of our orders did not sir the experience but then we were not in any hurray to leave.

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

We popped in for a late lunch/snack and really enjoyed our visit. We had the firecracker chicken (chicken spare ribs really), the pork belly bao & beef rendang dumplings & 2 cokes. All of this cost us $38 so I thought for Melbourne standards, this was pretty decent value.

All of the food was delicious, probably the beef rendang dumplings being the standout. The firecracker chicken wasn’t as hot (spice) as I was expecting but they were still delicious.

Service was very good and we got a table easy and never had to wait to be served or long for the food.

Really enjoyed and would recommend going there for a quick and easy meal.

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Tuesday evening friends and i were on our way to the Pink concert and randomly selected Drumplings for a bite beforehand. They weren't busy as it was early and everything was lovely, we were made welcome with friendly service great food, quick and fresh. We all made a note to find it again when next in the cbd.

Date of visit: August 2018
Deon S, Manager at Drumplings, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hey and a Happy 5 Star Friday.
Oh wow and love every part of your review - thank you and your attention to detail - sweet....!
See you again soon...

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Ate here on second attempt - first attempt, booked online for later same day. Turned up to be told they’d had trouble with the new booking system so couldn’t actually fit me in.

However, was keen to try it, so booked again for a few days later.

Food was very good - lovely dishes and great flavours. Would definitely return based on the quality of food.

Service a bit haphazard or frantic. I think too few staff for number of diners.

That said, the food makes it worthwhile.

Date of visit: August 2018
Deon S, Manager at Drumplings, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hey Mr&MrsWilko. Thanks for being so patient and yes we had some issues integrating OpenTable so thanks for coming back in.
And so happy you enjoyed the food & dumplings.
We are also building the team in terms of professionalism moving forward.
Thanks again and see you soon...!