1,563 results
All reviews rooftop bar funky hotel free movies russell st mini bar amazing hotel comfortable bed valet parking hotel room great room central location bath robes minibar lift foyer laneway
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great vibe and very welcoming as soon as you walk in the door. Really couldn't ask for more with location, service and atmosphere. The place even smells nice all the time! The rooftop bar is stunning and although you pay a bit more, it's because it's a unique and stylish venue with a great view. Staff from the bars through to the door are top notch and make you feel special which is nice. We'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sightsee465823
Navigate739506, QT Crew at QT Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello 'Sightsee465823'!

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a comprehensive review- we are delighted that you had such a positive experience whilst hosting your conference with us. As you have mentioned, we certainly do things a little bit differently at QT Melbourne, and our design concepts offer a modern take on guest rooms and even event spaces! We are so pleased that you got to see what QT Melbourne is all about, through your interaction with our dedicated and friendly staff, and the use of our shiny new facilities. We hope you'll be back to stay with us again soon, maybe next you will be lucky enough to stay for a relaxing leisure break!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The QT chain are my go to hotel but this was our first time staying at QT Melbourne.The decor is always exciting but the staff are incredible. Especially Anton and Shannercy they added so much impact to the hotel from greeting each day to wishing you goodnight. Bouncy, enthusiastic and Professional well done guys, we will be back.

Room Tip: Add Complimentary water each day. Always leave a thank -you note for visiting.
Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deborahtheoption2018

Hello 'deborahtheoption2018',

Wow, what amazing feedback! Thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your lovely experience with us. We are so happy to hear you had a magnificent time with us at QT Melbourne and very pleased our lovely staff were able to accommodate your wishes. We cannot wait to have you stay with us again on another QT adventure.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

It's a stunning, boutigue hotel. The staff were great and all about a fun atmosphere. The entry of the hotel and the rooms themselves are incredible.
Saying that, the room's acoustics were not good. All night we could hear other room doors shutting and people talking. I would hate to think what can be heard from outside the rooms.
When weighing up the cost ($400pn) with no breakfast, we may prefer another hotel option next time.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew H

Hi There Andrew H,

Thank you for sharing your recent QT Melbourne experience with us and the world. We are a little bit different at QT with a focuses on quirky design and friendly and genuine service that is why we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologise for the noise from the rooms close to you. Next time we will make sure you have a lovely quiet room.

We hope you will give us another go one day soon!

Douglas P

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is a very impressive looking hotel from the moment you walk in. The presentation of the lobby is very uniquely designed, albeit a little pretentious. The rooms are so funky with hard wood floors, black fittings, exposed concrete and kind of a steam punk vibe which is super cool. From the furniture to the finishes, this place will impress. Just hope the person staying above you isn't clopping around in heels at 6am because you will hear this clear as day because of the flooring.

Breakfast at the restaurant however was absolutely atrocious. They do not know how to cook eggs at this place. I had the 'premium' breakfast package which is $46 and it barely covers 1/3 of the menu... and coffee is extra! There is an abysmally stocked buffet with a few pastries, fruit platter and cereal but it really doesn't cut it for the price. I ordered eggs benedict and it was raw. The waitress proceeded to tell me it's supposed to be like that haha! I sent it back and took a safer bet with a folded omelette. I unfolded it because I was suspicious this too was raw. Guess what? It was. That's it for me, so I left. The hostess was very apologetic and I had a complimentary coffee and bacon and egg roll at the Cafe downstairs. This saved me from jogging across to MacDonald's because it was good. So just skip the breakfast package and save yourself fifty bucks and go to the Cafe in the lobby instead.

They have a great rooftop bar with a smoking area and some skilled bartenders who make a mean Old Fashioned cocktail. But the crowd and atmosphere is very ordinary, unless groups of corporate guys standing around wearing ill fitting suits and drinking beer is your scene. They need to do a bit more to diversify the patronage here sooner rather than later before it gets a reputation for a single lens crowd with the locals, if it hasn't already. They normally dispurse before dark but it's a constant vibe every single evening.

There's a few little gripes with the room but nothing major. The rooms are so pristine that the little things do stand out unfortunately. I'll give you an example; the master light switch panel next to the bed doesn't turn off the bathroom light... cmon guys! There is a small kettle in the same drawer that holds the coffee pods, it doesn't fit properly and you have to adjust it on an angle every time you open and close this drawer lol I promise you this annoys everybody, but it's so minor nobody would say anything... fix it anyway.

The only major thing that this hotel needs to rectify (and it is costly to do so) is the elevators. These are the slowest elevators in the world. I mean the urine scented elevators in the Wilson car parking building across the road are faster. They obviously have just renovated the interior of the existing elevator shafts in this presumably older building. There is also a super annoying voice over every time you get in and press a button. I thought it was cool and quirky the first two times but after twenty trips in the elevator it wears really thin. Increase the intervals between each message!

I do really like this hotel. Fix breakfast, speed up the elevators, tone down the pretentiousness and lift the food quality and you'll get 5 stars from me which is no small feat.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank blogfly
SimonC5344, Manager at QT Melbourne, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Blogfly,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review from your recent stay at QT Melbourne and we appreciate your honesty.

I will be following up your feedback with our team in the restaurant and apologise for your experience at breakfast. This is certainly not the experience we want to offer our guests and this feedback will be used to improve our offering.

I must agree that our team on the Rooftop are some of the best in Melbourne and I am also a fan of their take on an Old Fashioned.

We don't often receive comments about the speed of our lifts and it may have been based on demand at the time but will have our maintenance team look into this.

Finally I was sorry to read that you felt the team were pretentious and this is certainly not how we want to be perceived and this feedback has been shared with our broader team.

If you have any further feedback you would like to share feel free to contact me directly at simon_coyne@evt.com or (03) 8636 8800.

Thank you again for staying and we look forward to seeing you again soon at QT Melbourne in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Simon Coyne
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Staying at the QT Melbourne is a really lovely experience. The staff are superb and the rooms are unique, quirky, interesting, stylish and along with this functional and really comfortable. It is situated perfectly in the centre of the CBD, we love it and would highly recommend a stay.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FussybutFair44

Hello 'FussybutFair44',

We cannot wait to have you stay with us again on another QT adventure!