All reviews st david's park great location car park salamanca place salamanca markets bedroom executive apartment lounge room washing machine sandy bay davey street handy location walking distance battery point self contained laundry facilities living area city centre
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Located in the best area. So handy for my needs, however the apartment leaves a lot to be desired in terms of cleanliness. More attention needs to be paid to dusting and vacuuming. The fluorescent light in the bathroom was not working properly so I touched it to see if it would work, and years worth of dust fell on my head. Same with the floor lamp in the living room. That's just a couple of examples. Needs to be cleaned more often. Needs to be vacuumed more often. Needs to be dusted often. This place is not suitable for people with allergies or asthma.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thomas L, General Manager at Mantra One Sandy Bay Road, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Explore12495475094,

Thank-you for your review,

I apologise if your recent stay with us did not meet expectations,

Please rest assured i have passed on your feedback to our housekeeping team for the purpose of training and quality assurance.

It is important to note, all of our rooms are vacummed and receive a full clean after every departure, and dusting becomes a focus area for our teams, as it is a preventative treatment measure.

I have personally attended to your previous room and fixed the light, and ensured full dusting was carried out throughout for the comfort and quality of future travellers.

This is certainly not consistent with the regular great cleanliness feedback we receive.

Should you wish to discuss further, I encourage you to give me a call regarding. I would love the opportunity to reconnect.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My partner and I stayed here for 6 days and 5 nights in the one bedroom executive apartment. A nice staff member at the front desk greeted us during check in. My partner and I appreciated the fact that we could cook, as we were staying for a while in Hobart and didn't want to eat out every meal. However the bin that was supplied was so small that it could hardly fit anything in it resulting with us using reusable bags from a supermarket as our bin bags to store our rubbish.

If you are going to allow the luxury for people to cook in the apartments please consider providing larger bins, more quantities of products (soap for the shower, dish washing liquid and powder) if you are not going to clean the rooms for the duration of that long stay.

Another issue my partner and I had during our stay was the internet we were provided with unlimited internet during our stay however we would be given a code from the front desk it would say we would have 7GB of internet to use but we would use the internet to do work and it would say 24 hours later or less that the code is expired which is impossible for us to use 7GB of internet in that short time. We would have to call the front desk requiring a new code everyday, which was frustrating because we thought we had a large amount of internet that would last our duration of our stay. On the weekends the desk is closed and we called the number provided and the person on the after hours number advised us that she could not assist and that it is our problem and we will have to wait till 9am the next morning to receive a new code.

My partner specifically chose this accommodation based on the amenities that were provided on the website and the ease that should have been provided so he could work during our stay. I don’t believe we should be paying for something that we did not receive.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Travellerr789,

Thank-you for your review,

I apologise if your recent stay with us did not meet expectations, due to the WIFI data limitations.

This is rather strange that you would exhaust the use of a 7GB data code each day, and I certainly have never had this issue reported previously.

Can i ask if you reported the issue of using too much data to our reception team to look at receiving a larger data allowance WIFI code? as we can issue codes up to 30GBs.

Please rest assured i have passed on this feedback to our team for the purpose of training and quality assurance.

It is also important to note, that the replenishment of amenities in the room are available at any time. We encourage guests to request additional supply of amenities, linen, towels and minor servicing at any time at no cost. This is advertised accordingly in our welcome letter and in the in room compendium.

Travellerr789, should you wish to discuss further, i encourage you to give me a call regarding. I would love the opportunity to reconnect with you.

Reviewed 6 November 2018

scarce onsite parking was only negative. As we were both sick when we arrived a comfortable bed was appreciated. could have done with a local map to nearest supermarkets as walked miles looking for one

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Thomas L, General Manager at Mantra One Sandy Bay Road, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2018

Dear wilkosdj,

Thank-you for your review,

Im sorry to hear you were not feeling the best during your visit, but found our rooms to be a nice comfortable retreat.

I hope you managed a swift recovery and we hope to welcome you back again in much better health for your next visit.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Superb stay at this stunning hotel in Hobart! Great Hotel Rooms & Hospitality. Loved the Amenities in room. GM Mr. Luck was great person to meet and did took care of us amazingly. Loved every bit of it. We look forward to visit again soon....................Love & Regards,Prasad & Pranita

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Trail56750506701,

Thank-you for your review,

I am very humbled by your feedback, and i am pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

I hope you enjoyed the remainder of your time in Australia, and i hope to meet with you again in the near future.

Reviewed 5 November 2018

Stayed once in July and returned again in October. Amazing stay, and the staff continue to delver. I very much enjoyed the surprise candy and apples presented in my room on arrival. Great Location, rooms and car parking onsite. Will definitely stay again and continue to recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear davidsg2018

Thank-you for your review, and welcome back once again!

Pleased to read that we continue to impress on each visit, and you found the gift of candy and apples a nice surprise on arrival!

I certainly appreciate you recommending us to others, and we cant wait to welcome you back again in the near future.