All reviews fudge complimentary port sandy bay breakfast room guest lounge the ground floor poster bed yogurt battery point main road cooked breakfast b bs modern bathroom beautiful building first floor the perfect place to stay old world charm
Reviewed 26 May 2016

We stayed 4 nights in April 2016 at this B & B and were impressed by the attentiveness of the staff and by the brilliant breakfasts. It is located on the edge of the city but is in walking distance of the Salamanca district with its many restaurants and galleries. There are many shops and hairdressers etc close by.

However, there was rather less storage space than needed for people on a 3 week holiday and the bed was only of average comfort.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

It was our anniversary so I wanted something with a little more character than a hotel room with its minimalist feel. The Clydesdale Manor was great and we loved the homemade fudge and port wine! Breakfast and service was great and we really enjoyed our stay here.
As a side note- strongly recommend getting a car rental for Hobart. It's cheap and so much more can be done.

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2016

I'm just so glad we stayed here...it was like a majestic home away from home. Charming, clean, comfortable, friendly, cosy, fabulous location. The list goes on. Bus stop practically outside the door on both sides, easy walk to Sandy Bay, Battery Point and Salamanca. An $8 cab fare to the city. A really charming, historic manor with friendly staff and a super lovely ambience. I would stay again in a flash and recommend to anyone! "This morning Tim is cooking French Toast with bacon and maple syrup"...yes please!!!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Kittypops
Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

We spent our last night in Hobart at Clydesdale and it was a perfect ending to a great holiday in Tasmania. Clydesdale was perfect for us. The owners have beautifully restored the building to a high standard. The room we stayed in was perfect, even had its own balcony!
I only wish we'd stayed here on our first two nights in Hobart instead of staying at the rather tired hardley orient.
The owner was fantastic. We met her at breakfast ( which was also amazing ). You can tell she loves what she does. We were heading to a food tour at Salamanca and enquired about parking. She kindly offered us some free parking closer which was much appreciated.

Pros

Beautiful historical building that has been carefully restored.
Comfortable beds
Quiet rooms with modern on suite
Free off street parking.
Excellent location ( 5min drive from Salamanca )
Complimentary breakfast
Complimentary port on arrival ( awesome gesture - thank you )
Beautiful lounge for guests.
Helpful owners

Cons

None

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank buck8444
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Staff were quite hostile and couldn't cope with a small group of long time friends. We have travelled as a group all over Europe and have never experienced such hostility. Rather sad as my husband and I stayed there previously with different staff and they were not as rude so it was rather disappointing this time particularly as I had organised the stay. My room got downgraded and I was not informed and then they told me I was upgraded.???

• Trip type: Travelled with friends