All reviews antique suite main building football oval elizabeth street old building sitting room old world quiet location old style large room bed was very comfortable would stay again breakfast was included city centre hire car free parking microwave
Reviewed 13 January 2018

Spent a few days here as a treat to myself following renovating my house. First impression of staff was that he was bumbling and may have been very new. He did not offer the free wifi or drink until I reminded him. He then sent me on a long winding tour around the property to find my room, without offering any help with my bag. The next lady I dealt with was entirely different. This was Rebecca and I tried to deal with her throughout my stay. She was friendly, professional and very knowledgable. Thanks Bec.
I requested a twin room and was given a queen. I requested a microwave which I had to request again on arrival. It was placed in a cupboard down at my feet. Not the best re safety. The heater in my room was not good. I had to stand right next to it to feel anything, which made sitting in the lovely sitting room impossible as due to the large gap at the bottom of the door, was like a fridge. The tea/coffee set up was awful, the spoons were rusty and the cups like you would get in a hospital. I went out and bought my own..
Ok enough negative stuff. The bed was very comfortable. the bathroom was clean and the water hot. My room overlooked the footy ground and I was able to watch part of a thrilling grand final!
The WOW Factor.... The walk to and from town each day. This was my first time in Hobart and I was unaware of the steep inclines of the roads. However I thoroughly enjoyed the walking and made my glass of wine worthwhile. lol. It was also easy to get the bus back up the hill and the bus stop is right outside.. Very quiet place so I slept well. I didn't eat here but the food did look good and usual hotel prices. Loved the beautiful chandeliers and the architecture and gardens.
I would stay here again but bring my own cup and spoon.

Room Tip: ask for a room with view of the oval, then you get city view
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Catherine D, Manager at Rydges Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I will pass on the lovely comments to Rebecca in reception and follow up with staff member that checked you in. Thank you for your comments we will look into this.
What a great opportunity to sit back and relax while watching the game and enjoy your stay. Enjoy settling into your newly renovated home.

Reviewed 6 January 2018

We like staying at Rydges for its convenient location and low prices. We stayed here again, in a Trust suite, post renovations and were pleased. As usual, we had nice mountain and Hobart oval views. The bed was comfy as always and the bath was nice and relaxing after travelling! We will be back for sure.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Catherine W, Manager at Rydges Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2018

Greetings,

Thank you for your lovely review on Rydges Hobart. So nice to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the comforts of a relaxing bath and sleep.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Hobart in the future.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

We stayed on rooms on ground floor and while I was initially sad that I might not have nice views of the city or the water body.. it was all erased when I entered such a lovely spacious room. The bathrooms are super spacious too and put a smile on my face. Recommend this place for a fuss free stay. Ample parking space available for the cars you might have hired for the trip in Tasmania.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Catherine W, Manager at Rydges Hobart, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Greetings,

Thank you for your lovely review. Great to hear you enjoyed your stay at Rydges Hobart and enjoyed the comforts we have to offer.
Look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Many Thanks
Catherine D

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

I stayed in a ‘Executive Antique Suite’ for 2 nights. The blurb on website does say views ‘across city skyline or property gardens’ as in the photos my view was the a wall and window of room across. While you’re not going be spending too much time in your room it did feel like a little bit of a stretch from how I was sold on picking this place. You don’t have to walk far to see beautiful Hobart

With that said the new modern renovated bathroom and kitchen area made up for it. It’s nice having new fittings and appliances in a hotel, hopefully stays that way. The accomodating friendly staff at the desk were more than helpful with little requests.

I would say it’s a average hotel but very good for the price

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We will review online websites and details. The hotel rooms have a refreshed new look, refurbishment was completed in 2017. Will pass on the lovely comments to the staff.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed at the Hobart hotel . Lovely rooms. Unfortunately we were charged for the hotel and somehow the almost whole amount apart for $1.01 was re put in by their bank or the hotel leaving us scrambling for anything. Yes hotels do holds in case of mini bar use but never has it been the whole amount. Showed them told bank will get fax should be sorted in about 5 hours didn't get sorted. Told same next day by bank, didn't get sorted. If not for the kindness and genuine concern of your night manager Clive whom followed through with everything as he said the score here would be lower. Had this incident not happened it would have been a 5. We were told they changed their system to rectify this unfortunately we landed up waiting for days for this to drop off from our account as so many public holidays this took extra as it is done on working days. This also meant changing new year plans . Also as a anxious person who loves travel now will be concerned if this could happen at another hotel. We had family staying all over Hobart only those in this hotel were affected.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Diane B

Dear Diane B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I appreciate your patience with this error with the bank, as you mentioned this has been resolved, so this wont happen for future stays. I apologise this happened to begin with, I do hope to welcome you back to Rydges Hobart in the future. Clive would like to look after you personally on your return.

Kind Regards