“Very friendly staff and peaceful”
Review of The Saffron

Ranked #53 of 599 Restaurants in Hobart
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Saffron Waterfront Indian Restaurant takes great pride in our elegant restaurant establishment and strives to provide a distinguished dining experience to all our patrons. Tailoring to our guests’ needs is of paramount importance and this extends to the provision of gluten-free, vegan and halal options as well as any other special dietary requirements. With the owner having over forty years of experience in the hospitality industry, our team at The Saffron specializes in presenting a select cuisine that combines traditional and authentic North Indian & Kashmiri taste with a unique variety of Tandoori entrees/Breads and Mild/Medium/Hot curries. As you soak in the serene views of Hobart’s historic and picturesque wharf area, there are an array of impressive beverages and wines on offer to augment your waterfront dining experience. The staff are enthused to cater for large functions and parties - a birthday, a business lunch or simply a special occasion for a loved one.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very friendly staff and great service. Delicious food and a peaceful atmosphere.
Would highly recommend.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (469)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I just by chance decided to eat here and was most impressed with food and service. I had a dry curry, which they made a little hotter for me and it was delicious. The beers were reasonably priced and I am pretty sure it is BYO wine. The owners were very friendly and I had a nice chat about the recent Test Cricket. I have a complaint about people making loud phone calls while dining, not really the restaurant’s fault, but for you people reading this, please take your calls outside.

Date of visit: February 2021
Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

Lovely service and the food was delicious. Best Indian I have had for years. On the pier so a lovely walk back to the hotel

Reviewed 14 January 2021 via mobile

Beautiful food and lovely staff! Highly recommend. My entree was the most delicious Indian entree I’ve ever eaten.

Reviewed 13 January 2021 via mobile

we ate here twice during our few days in Hobart and loved the food, the service and genuine staff. Great location also. Highly recommend.