1,376 results
All reviews story telling wharf restaurant waterfront room story bar hunter room tasmanian history tasmanian experience amazing hotel free valet parking rooms are huge hunter street a water view room hotel experience luxury hotel dark mofo continental breakfast hobart waterfront
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My partner & I stayed at the Macq 01 for one night. The room (carpark view) was beautifully appointed, spacious and we loved the overall design of the whole hotel - it has the wow factor. We had breakfast at the hotel and were not let down. We chose to order off the a la carte menus without the buffet as we were headed to the market and the staff were great about creating dishes from sides. The staff could not be faulted - from porters to front desk and waiters - they were all fantastic and very professional.

A few small gripes which won’t apply to all:
- it’s almost impossible to apply makeup with the bathroom lighting
- the bed was so soft that we sunk into the middle of it and I was waking up all night as it was like trying to roll uphill when turning over
- little to no privacy in the bathroom - the glass door on the toilet does not provide any soundproofing and a toilet brush is not provided... not sure what you’d do in the event you need one
- I felt the price for a carpark view was very steep (380$) and would recommend paying the extra for a water view room. We asked if we could upgrade when we arrived but there were no rooms available

Overall a lovely hotel which we will definitely stay in again, however definitely with a water view and I’ll be bringing my own makeup mirror!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Jake S, General Manager at MACq 01 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Dear stephh2705

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at MACq 01 for your visit to Hobart. I’m grateful for your feedback and your review here on TripAdvisor. I’m delighted you enjoyed the design of the property – we certainly considered space and room fitout as key components to our guest experience. I’m also pleased you enjoyed the service received from our team in Old Wharf for breakfast and others across the property.

Thank you for making comment on the concerns you experienced during your stay. We agree that lighting in our rooms require attention and have been working to improve them. We have upgraded our suite lighting and are currently finalising the programming for our room lighting upgrade. I also appreciate your other comments and we will discuss these as a team.

Thank you again for choosing MACq 01 and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Jake Smith

Reviewed 10 June 2018

My favourite staff were those that offered the 'valet' service. From my arrival to my departure they were super welcoming, friendly and helpful and not inconvenienced when I wanted my car. The decor of the hotel was dark, woody and warm. I loved the story telling side of the experience and hearing strange voices in the lifts! The room design is great. Having a separate toilet and the under floor heating in the bathroom is a bonus. Also the separate walk in dressing area is a great design feature as it keeps all the mess associated with travelling hidden. The hotel is central and easy walking distance to great cafes for coffee and fresh seafood. I also loved the 'king' pillow - I am a new convert! I would love to stay again one day........

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 June 2018

What a great way to top off our Tasmania trip we stayed 2 nights the staff are fantastic very helpful and all knowledgeable about the hotel and Hobart. The in room facilities are perfect 10/10. So impressive can’t wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 9 June 2018

The location is excellent- looking out over the docks of a night with the lights twinkling or in the morning as the sun rose was a great way to start or end the day. So handy to everything for a Hobart tourist. The story and history tours with the guide were marvellous and very inspiring. Great meals for dinner. The staff at all levels are very pleasant and helpful and obviously enjoy working in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 8 June 2018

This is a very nice property, superbly located and from our experience staffed with dedicated and capable people. Our waterfront room was massive and well appointed including a Nespresso machine which would be good to mention on the inventory list as we would have brought favorite pods. Yes there is no door on the bathroom but you can turn up the television, yes some people will find the rooms dark but you can overlook these few minor quirks and issues to stay at what is undoubtedly the best hotel in Hobart.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple