“Fun but somewhat more expensive than other alleys and avoid lane 1”

Surfers Paradise Tenpin
Reviewed 9 November 2015

Surfers Paradise Tenpin bowling is just off Cavill Mall and while it is very good fun it is somewhat more expensive per game than other alleys. Also try to avoid lane 1 as I beleive it slopes slightly to the side. Overall good facilities and the lanes are in good condition and well maintained.

Reviewed 15 July 2015

It can be difficult to find - but it's on the second storey so keep looking! whenever i have gone it has been clean, staff is friendly and easy. Great for a family outing, if you have younger children - be mindful on the weekends that the nightclubs in the area start opening about 9pm.

Reviewed 2 June 2015

Beware of the slippery oil on the bowling surface, I did slip very badly on Wednesday 27 May 2015, and now my left leg is black and blue from bruising from my bum to my ankle. I have to go to physio every other day and have had several xray's and scans.The worst thing was I was there with my son who is in a wheelchair and had no one to care for him so I couldn't go to hospital to be checked over properly, so I had to suck it up(pain) and limped back to the hotel.
This is was not my idea of a fun way to finish my holiday. and now I have time off work because I can't walk, bend or even put my shoes and socks on myself,.
So be very very carefull

Michael K, Manager at Surfers Paradise Tenpin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2015

I am very sorry you fell over and did not enjoy your time.
But after going over our records and our CCTV and speaking to the staff. You were not the one bowling it was your son. As a result of this you were not bowling in our bowling shoes you were using your own shoes, that were not made for bowling,So when you had one of your sons turn you over stepped and walked on the lane and that is the part that has oil on it. We have warning signs at the start of each lane. Every tenpin bowling center in the world puts oil on the lane that is part of the sport.
I am very sorry again that this happened. I also hope next time you are in Surfers Paradise you give us an other go.
Thank you.

Reviewed 24 May 2015

This place is a perfect place to hang out spend some time with family, friend or even your girlfriend. They sell alcohol if you feel like drinking to. There prices are really reasonable too. Moreover, the staff there are really friendly and always welcoming with a smile on their faces.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 May 2015

Must visit if you are on the Gold Coast. Great for a night out with friends or a fun date (have done both). The guys at Surfers Paradise Tenpin are always up for a laugh and the staff make it a great night out. I've been bowling all my life and the lanes are superb. Whether you take your bowling seriously or just out for a bit of fun you won't find a better place on the Gold Coast.