Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM

Ways to Experience Sailaway
from US$55.36
2,077 results
All reviews sunset cruise low isles fish glass bottom boat sail home afternoon trip beautiful catamaran the great barrier reef set sail outer reef giant clams small group great afternoon friendly crew marine biologist stinger suits delicious lunch
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Blake and Louisa were an awesome duo. Blake covering all things nautical and Louisa sharing her knowledge of the ocean.

Group of four that luckily went out with only 8 on the boat. Absolutely worth the money, food was awesome and the boat is great fun to sail on.

Would absolutely recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Better advertising of the trip. We expected a luxury sunset cruise. This was for our anniversary we were dressed reasonably nicely. We were not warned that sitting remotely close to the front of the boat would leave us drenched. We knew a little bit of of water wont hurt ... but we had to wring out our clothing. There was no warning from staff. Was difficult to get home afterward because we were soaking wet.

Date of experience: February 2021
1  Thank K2815MMaf
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We did two trips with Sailaway- the afternoon trip snorkelling and the sunset cruise!!
We had a great time on both!! The catamarans are comfortable sailing (I can get a bit motion sick sometimes!) -we had good wind snd a great trip both times Argo and Maddie run a safe and efficient trip-everything is provided-good snacks snd ice cold drinks!

The snorkeling was great-well-knitted out with suits and equipment all well cleaned for COVID safe!

A marine biologist snorkels with you and is v informative!! We saw two different types of sea turtles (v close!).
Low isles is an unspoilt area and only an hour away from Port Douglas!

Reviewed 29 January 2021

This is my family's first time snorkelling the outer reef. The magnificent Great Barrier Reef is a sight to behold!! What made this trip extra special was the Sailaway crew that made us all feel safe and informed.

From the beginning to end, we could not fault the service. We met Steve, the owner, as we were checking in and he sounded so passionate about these tours. On board we had Jazz as the skipper along with the rest of the crew - Kai, Louisa and Guy.

My mother who is 69 and so nervous the first time thoroughly enjoyed the snorkelling. I was personally anxious too at the beginning but I had the wonderful experience of swimming with Louisa, Kai and Guy who were all Super!! Louisa in particular when I was snorkelling with her answered the many questions I had about the marine life we saw. She was absolutely knowledgeable. The crew absolutely cared so much that everyone enjoyed the experience including my mother who was a poor swimmer.

If I were to put half a point off from 5 stars, it will be only because we missed out on heading to Mackay Cay because the small glass-bottom boat had an issue.

All in all a great day!! So glad I trusted the recommendation of the staff at Mowbray By The Sea.

1  Thank mcb_palafox
Reviewed 26 January 2021 via mobile

My partner & I did the sunset sail and we both thoroughly enjoyed the sail. It was very romantic and we were lucky enough to get great and calm weather. The canapes were average but the experience worth it! 10/10 for experience