All reviews seafood buffet feast restaurant lagoon room pool bar in room dining duty manager direct access main restaurant salt water shuttle service main pool four mile beach shuttle bus the great barrier reef tennis courts school holidays we loved our stay
Reviewed 16 November 2017

We stayed here in October. It was wonderful. We have been to Port Douglas several times and this was his favorite hotel. The room was spacious and the bed and pillows incredibly comfortable. The internet was fast. The setting is beautiful and romantic. It fronts on a wonderful beach but also has great pools. The breakfast buffet was amazing. The service by all the staff was friendly and attentive. This will be our choice of hotel the next time we visit Port Douglas.

Room tip: Rooms with a lagoon view are wonderful.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kdyer920
Steve M, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2017

Kdyer920

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Where do i begin.. We went for my mums suprispe 50th and and being the Sheraton Mirage i expected so much more.
We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa that is about a 5 or so min walk from the pool. The villa was very out dated and had a musky smell. When asked if we can move to a villa closer to the pool we were told thats not possible as no rooms were available we were even willing to downgrade to a swim out pool but was told thats not possible as i did not book direct. I felt as if the whole time we were there none of the staff were helpful or bothered. Only one mention to Brian the buggy driver that had a smile on his face and was happy to help.
I would normally not complain but having paid $650 a night you expect some level of service the manager at front reception did try to help but at the same time would not budge. The lagoon food is over priced and definitely not worth it. Overall choose carefully as each villa is owned individually and check the location as the premises is very big. I would not recommend it to my family and friends as it did not hold up to its reputation at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Vkunov
Steve M, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Dear Vkunov

Thank you for your feedback following your stay.

Your comments are truly valued regarding the particular Villa in which you stayed and areas where your expectations were not exceeded which will be shared accordingly.

Please be assured your constructive and positive comments will be shared as we continue to focus on delivering brand service and experiences.

Thank you for your feedback and should you choose to return to the resort in the future please do contact me directly so I may ensure an enjoyable return visit.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

My Wife, 18 month old and I were there for 5 nights last week and it was fantastic. Not sure how you could complain about the staff or facilities as in our experience both were above expectations. But then again some people just like to complain and nothing is good enough.

Had a garden room which was modern and clean, large king bed, bath and small terrace with table and chairs. Chocolates delivered to the room on the first night which was very thoughtful.

The pools were amazing with so many to choose from each day, never too busy. Breakfast was delicious, high quality, with a big variety of food and drink.

They had to test the fire alarm on one of the days we were there and when I asked if they were finished as my daughter was trying to nap the staff member was very helpful and they even sent a fruit platter to the room for the inconvienince.

Could not imagine a hotel with friendlier more accommodating staff. Will be recommending to anyone who asks that they should stay here when they are in Port Douglas.

Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank Mitchell F
Steve M, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Dear Mitchell F

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.
It is always pleasing to receive such positive comments about the resort and know that the team has exceeded your service expectations.
Your feedback will be shared accordingly and we look forward to welcoming you back again to Sheraton Grand Port Douglas.

General Manager.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Currently staying at the Sheraton Mirage Port Douglas - service is far from 5 stars!

Aside from the fact that the place requires far more work to revamp then their efforts have already done, the service needs all that more working on!

Checked in yesterday and was greeted by one of the rudest check in staff I've ever encountered (and I've travelled extensively- (being in the travel industry, I have a plethora of experiences to compare this to) - only to be advised that they were not able to accommodate us with a room that consists of a king bed. Just to give you some context - this was our 10 year anniversary celebration getaway. (Which they were very well aware)

Then being too tired to argue with them we took them up on the room they offered 2 double beds - during the night we hear this ridiculously loud bang - both startled from our sleep we left it till the morning to address - most uncomfortable sleep I've ever had!

Seems as though one of the springs in the bed retired its tenure and hence making the bed both extremely uncomfortable (as if it wasn't bad enough sleeping on a double bed) now this!

Explained to the manager - who granted, invested a good amount of time with us to book our scuba diving (more or less his job but nonetheless appreciated) - he took half a day to get back to us only to advice the bed doesn't seem to have anything wrong (even though according to the house keeping that checked it - it was confirmed to us that it was in need of replacement).

He offered us another room on the other side of the complex - also with 2 double beds - no point moving only to possibly be in the same predicament or a room with a king only for 2 days from which we would have to move again! So inconvenient! Being an SPG member means nothing to these guys - worst I've ever been treated in a Starwood or Marriott hotel.

If you look up this property you will notice it is absolutely massive and there is no way they currently have a full house - I can also confirm rooms with king beds are currently available to book online - so no excuse.

Rude and disengaged staff - poorly maintained grounds and facilities - would not recommend- have stayed at Niramaya Villas which was amazing both facilities and staff... if you're after luxury this is not the place for you! Xoxo

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tanya C
Steve M, Rooms Division Manager at Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort, Port Douglas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

Dear Tanya C

It was a pleasure meeting with you today and again thank you for your review. Feedback is important and I welcomed the opportunity to personally discuss and resolve these with you this morning and ensuring an enjoyable balance of stay.

Kindest regards
Patrick Laybutt
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 10 November 2017

It is a beautiful location and the pool area is amazing. I have stayed here a few times and they have done some improvements. This was the first time I have been here for a conference, normally it has been personal. The worst part about it is that you don't want to be in a conference you want to be at the pool or the beach if you are like me. Overall another lovely stay. This is a huge venue, so rooms, pools and facilities are quite spread out. Internet was average I would say in our room. I would go back. There is heaps to do while you are there and I never seem to fit it all in as the water is too enticing.

Room tip: The nicest room I have stayed in has a swim up balcony to your room. Some are in the garden area which can be nice too if you want that.
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Tanya M

Thank you for your feedback on Sheraton Grand Mirage Resort Port Douglas and comments on your experience at the resort.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again very soon.

General Manager.