See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2018

This motel is a fair way out of the CBD, the car park is small however there is off street parking. On arriving in our room there was water all over the floor from a leaking fridge. I reported it to reception only to be handed 2 towels and nothing else, not a word was spoken! The rooms were sort of clean (mould in shower), the beds rock hard, you cannot see the TV from the lounge and the towels were threadbare. I wouldn't recommend staying here

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

I don't often write reviews but I feel so strongly about our stay here that I just had to!!!!!
What an awful end to our fabulous holiday in Australia!!!
We arrived in Cairns for 4 nights mainly to take advantage of the coral reef!! How I wish we had stayed in Palm Cove or Port Douglas!!
The City Sheridan is on the busiest road in Cairns!!!! Lots of traffic all through the night!! We booked a family room for our stay!!! Yes we'd gone for cheap but this was ridiculous!!!!
I can't even begin to describe the layout of the rooms!! It seemed to be a converted shower room/block?? One of the bathrooms was a disabled one then another separate shower and toilet!! The floor tiles seemed outdoor ones? My husband's feet were black within 5 minutes!!! The bathroom had a nice bar of soap left in it covered in hair!!! The sofa was filthy!!! There was no clothes storage!! No clothes airer for the washing I had planned to do!!! There was no balcony/seating area outside as advertised on booking.com. Fridge was filthy and there were tiny ants crawling about!!!
The only saving grace was the bed linen was clean!!!!
I will never go cheap again although the other cheap accommodation we had in Australia was fantastic!!!!
I can't stress enough how awful this hotel was!!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2018

was disappointed that the restaurant only opened for breakfast. folk manning the desk were fine but could have been more helpful as to where we could get food as it was after 6pm. THere are no,lifts but we were able to get a room on the ground floor. accommodation was clean and comfortable.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Not knowing cairns I was lured by the price and the marketing ploy room with view. Now I have been there the view of rental car yard and opposition hotel across the road is not what I had in mind. Room was nice hotel was nice, staff were great just way to far from city and the view I thought I was going to get. Rain was nice.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Our family of four stayed here for one night to catch our morning flight at the Cairns International Airport. The hotel is located close to the Central Business District and 15 minutes from the airport. There was plenty of parking in the lot and on the street to park our rental car. It was a simple, clean room with a double and two twin beds, microwave, hot pot and refrigerator and s small balcony. Nothing fancy at a reasonable price. They offered breakfast for s reasonable cost but we didn’t have it. Good budget hotel.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family