All reviews close to the airport shower over bath botanic gardens breakfast and dinner bus stop travel agent rooms were very clean would definitely stay here again bed was comfortable free wifi decent size good nights sleep great place to stay centre of town leanne esplanade gym
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Although a little out if town it is only a small taxi or uber ride into the centre. Room were spacious and very clean, bed was large and comfortable. My room had a balcony overlooking the main road which was fine , there was no noise nuisance from the road with door shut . Staff were friendly and informative all in all not a bad spot I will stay again

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank wratts
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you so much for kind review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel is close to the airport. The room was clean and a reasonable size. Breakfast was average, but was included in our package. I felt that customer service was poor. The cleaner barged into our room while we were still there. The reception desk was unattended at 10 am. We had to wait 15 minutes for someone to turn up so we could check out. I think we will try somewhere else next time we visit cairns.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FellowTraveler324721
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Thank you for your review and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. These are very rare comments about our service and I will investigate to ensure there is no repeat in future. Once again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

We went to the Cairns Sheridan Hotel for the full buffet breakfast. There is a huge variety of breakfast goodies from cereal, fruit, cold meat as well as cooked breakfasts and if that doesn't float your boat, then the chef will put fresh together your own creation. The only 2 small beefs were no fresh muesli and the hot water wasn't hot enough resulting in temped tea. Still, the view from the tables overlooking the harbour was worth it!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I was here for work and the hotel was chosen by a local based on location to where I was working. Many comments in other reviews are concerned with location - but surely you’d look at that before booking? It is where it is. They can’t change that. So if it’s not where you want to be, book elsewhere. Simples!
For the price, it’s a good hotel.
It does not pretend to be a resort or a 5 Star joint. But it does it’s job well.
My room was simple but fine.
Room service and restaurant likewise. And prices fair.
Wifi signal strength and consistency was wobbly, but hardly a major issue.
My advice is know what you want and where you want to be. If this meets those criteria, then you’ll be happy you stayed here. I was, and would again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen H
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

we had 2 stays there as we were doing the gulf lander & the savanna lander train trip from the gulf country, our stay was very pleasant and friendly our first room was a bit out dated & when we retuned we had a modern room they could be renovating as required the staff were exceptional nothing was a problem from Stuart, Leanne, Leeora, Judy,Jordon we had a great time there the breakfast bar was great good choice of foods to choose from, I would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lindsay M
Stuart M, Manager at Cairns Sheridan Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you so much for your generous review, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.