All reviews myer centre continental breakfast irish pub next door the river great location floor to ceiling windows queen street mall treasury casino corner room rooms are small comfortable bed a river view room south bank accor hotels accor member short stay car park
Reviewed 20 March 2018

Right in the heart of Brisbane, the room was a good size and bed comfy. The walls in my room were a little dirty so perhaps could do with a small bit of TLC, but for a one-night stay I can imagine there were few better places at that price.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sportingfruit
ibisStylesBrisbaneGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Brisbane Elizabeth Street, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Hi there sportingfruit, thank you for giving us some really feedback on your stay. We are actually in the process of going through every room and deep cleaning/re-painting the walls, so hopefully next time you come back you will notice the difference.

We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I've stayed here twice over the past 2 months and have no complaints at all. From check in, to wait times at the lifts and the cleanliness of the bathrooms - everything was to a standard that is likely to make this my go-to hotel on future trips to Brisbane. I do have a vague recollection of hearing street noise, but certainly not to the extent that it resulted in disturbed sleep.

A comfortable walk (for a 30-something male) to everything from the Casino (next door), to South Bank, GOMA and the Museum from this nice and central Hotel.

Room Tip: The view from the higher "River View" floors is simply amazing.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hey Mr_Grey81, Thank you for your kind review and also for choosing to stay with us. We hope to be able to welcome you back for your third stay with us soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is centrally located and close to shops, restaurants and bars. The Queen Street Mall, Myer Centre and Wintergarden are all within a few minutes walk. There are transport links via the George Street bus station, North Pier ferry terminal and Central Station.

My room was modern, clean and comfortable. The room was well appointed with all the expected amenities. A large flat screen TV and good Wi-Fi throughout. Friendly staff and room cleaned daily.

Some rooms have a view towards the Brisbane River whilst others face the city. My room was on the 26th floor at the top of the building. There are five fast lifts between floors and there was rarely a wait for these.

The floor to ceiling windows, whilst offering spectacular views, sometimes induced vertigo and I had to close the curtains from time to time. The room was very quiet and typically the only sound was the air conditioning.

There is a bar and bistro on the first floor that serves a breakfast buffet in the morning with meals throughout the day. It is a pleasant and convenient space to have a quick casual meal or a drink but not really a place to dine. There are numerous restaurants and a food court in vicinity of the hotel.

I selected Ibis Styles due to previous good experiences with other Ibis Styles hotels. Ibis Styles is my preferred hotel in the Accor portfolio. In fact, there are a number of Accor properties very close together in that area of Brisbane.

Overall a very good hotel in a great location.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
ibisStylesBrisbaneGM, General Manager at Ibis Styles Brisbane Elizabeth Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Hi lonewayfarer, thank you very much for taking the time to write such a great, in-depth review and thank you even more so for being such a loyal guest to Accor Hotels - I'm glad to hear that you love the ibis Styles brand :) We can't wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I picked the hotel as it was in proximity to the central station that services the airport. Distance to the hotel with bags was doable, 650m.
From counter staff very friendly and checkin was a breeze.
Rooms very clean and bright.
The bed was excellent, the same for the bathroom.
Good team and coffee making option, and the little bar fridge with long life milk nice.
In proximity to many food places
Check out was just as courteous as check in
Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Hey C B, Thanks for taking the time to right a review on your stay with us. I'm glad we were the perfect launch pad for your overseas trip. We hope to see you again soon :)

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in a corner room at the Ibis Styles hotel and whilst I was hesitant at the time of booking - I was really pleasantly surprised when I checked in.

The room was well equipped with an iron, ironing board and other amenities that would make a mid term stay very comfortable and practical to a traveller.

The room has surprisingly good views across the city and river with full height floor to ceiling windows that would rival any high end hotel chain. The bed was extremely comfortable, pillows were great and the overall feel of the linen was fresh and crisp.

The bathrooms were in excellent condition with well laid out fixtures and amenities. Whilst the water pressure was a little light it is only a small comment and something that the hotel could rectify easily. The towels were excellent a - soft and did not have the usual detergent smell that accompanies many hotels.

The breakfast buffet was practical and suitable with a good selection of fresh fruit, pastries cheeses and meats.

Overall the hotel is positioned well in the CBD with great restaurants for all budgets within 5 minutes walk from the hotel. I will definitely return to this hotel in the future.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hi Jye_West, Thank you so much for your sensational review of your stay with us. I'm thrilled that we managed to make your stay enjoyable right across the board. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon :)