3,600 results
All reviews pav bar the river botanical gardens story bridge buffet breakfast high tea junior suite valet parking wedding night beautiful hotel star hotel room service large bathroom eagle street pier bars and restaurants queen street mall south bank
Reviewed 23 June 2016

The rooms are perfect, well appointed; yes a bit tired, but well maintained. The service is very personable, from welcoming us back to the property to ensuring that we had an umbrella because it looked like it was going to rain. Gareth on concierge looked after us well.
The breakfast is the best value in the city, combined with the outdoor setting near the river, it doesnt get much better. Though I will say, go for breakfast early so as not to get stuck in the change over from breakfast to lunch... that can be confusing.
The Junior Suite is superb value..
We will always go back to Stamford - its Brisbane; an eclectic mix of old world and new.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views of the Brisbane River... room numbers ending in ..15 have great view of the Bridge..
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I love this hotel. Many years ago, my son, then 4, now almost 21, bounced off the bed, whacked his little head on the side table and ended up in the Children's Hospital overnight after surgery -with me on a campcot set up on the floor beside him.

So I missed my first sleep at Stamford ( I think it was the Heritage back then) but on our return from hospital the next day, the staff had cleaned up the blood so not a scerric remained, had my dress dry cleaned like new (which I thought I would have to throw out as it was so soaked in blood) and there was a welcome back present for us in our room. Everyone was so gentle and kind after our trauma. I have been loyal to the Stamford ever since and for good reason. Great service, nice rooms overlooking the river, big pool and breakfasts outside in the warm months. Valet parking, next to the Botanic Gardens, close to everything. A favourite forever.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2016

Good location for hotel. Large rooms and quite spacious, ones I have stayed in have a bath which is wonderful. Friendly staff on arrival and engaging when leaving or arriving the hotel. Open areas of hotel lovely

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This was a 2 night business trip, the hotel is at the higher end of accomodation standards and fulfils its goals well. Very helpful staff, great room on the luxury level, and plenty of eating options.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Dale J, Manager at Stamford Plaza Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2016

Dear L2666AN

Thank you for sharing your feedback after your recent stay. It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind Regards
Dale John
Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 22 June 2016

the room was lovely, as was the outlook. However the service by the valet poor. the man confused us about the parking. anyway the most dissappointing this was the breakfast. Its the stamford plaza not the local downtown motel. so therefore i expected the buffet to be on the same playing field as the parkroyal in sydney or the marriott on the gold coast. But no, the choices or lack of them were mediocre and there was certaintly nothing special about it.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple