1,725 results
All reviewsturbot stsouth banktwo queen bedsqueen street mallbuffet breakfastthe riverroma street stationcentral locationroom was largecouple of nightschecking outpleasant stayreception staffshort stayearly checkone night staygreat room
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Well in a rush I had to attend a Seminar in Brisbane. So I contacted this hotel and was surprized at the price....now I know you only get what you pay for but really, this is a shoker.
The room was so small that one of us had to stand on the bed so the other could go to the bathroom. Now the bathroom/toilet if you wanted a shower and you are over 100 kg and 6 feet tall forget it. In the shower if you turned around you hit the toilet...seriously...One towel for two people had to get a 2nd. Breakfast cost you $14 each and again was a shocker. Couldn't recommend this at all 1 x star at best.

Room Tip: If you want a cheap hotel then don't pick this one...a shoker
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul O
Melissa L, General Manager at ibis Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2015

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I would firstly like to apologise that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As a 3 star product we pride ourselves on budget and comfort and I am sorry this was not the case. 80% of our rooms are 29.5 square meters and we usually receive comments about the large size of the rooms. After reading your comments about the combined shower and toilet I am concerned that this is not our hotel as all of our toilets are 2 meters away from the shower. We are located on Turbot Street in Brisbane City. I am sorry about the standard of the breakfast you received at the hotel and hope that your next stay in Brisbane is better than you received this time around.

Kind Regards,

Grant Parnell
Mercure and ibis Brisbane

Reviewed 15 September 2015

stayed here for conference close to most easy enough walk to BECC. Was pleasantly surprised as the room was larger than expected. Shame a few to use fitness facilities atnMercure sister hotel next door.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Helen Y

Dear Helen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel being close to the BECC. I apologise that the location of the fitness facility is located at our sister hotel. The ibis brand does not generally offer a fitness facility and this is an added benefit to our ibis Brisbane guests. I am glad you found the rooms to be larger than expected.

We hope to welcome you again soon.

Kind Regards,

Grant Parnell
Mercure and ibis Brisbane

Reviewed 12 September 2015

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Melissa L, General Manager at ibis Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2015

Reviewed 9 September 2015

I attended a two day conference in Brisbane that was held at IBIS Hotel. For convenience I stayed at the hotel and experienced professional, friendly and helpful staff. My room was spacious clean and comfortable. I had breakfast on two mornings and found the food to be fresh and tasty. The only negative toward this hotel was the very slow wifi but of course there are other options for accessing internet so this is not necessarily a problem.

Stayed: September 2015
Melissa L, Guest Relations Manager at ibis Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2015

Thank you for your review L M. I'm delighted to hear that our team were professional, helpful and friendly and that the convenience of staying in the same property of the conference you were attending means you don't have to waste valuable travel time each day.
I'm surprised to hear that the WiFi was slow as we have just upgraded our hardware and provider which had rectified previous concerns about the speed and connectivity that we had had in the past. If you could contact me directly on h1750-gm3@accor.com and let me know the room number that you stayed in so that I can investigate further and action any necessary remedial changes.

Thanks again for staying with us L M.

Kind regards,

Hannah

Reviewed 8 September 2015

Stayed for 3 nights to explore Brisbane and attend show at QPAC. The hotel is in an excellent position with easy walking distance to the mall and Southbank. While this hotel is not new or 5 star, it was very clean and great value for money. Very pleasant staff on the front desk.

Room Tip: High room was great, away from road noise.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple

Dear Michele P,

Great to read the our handy central location was the perfect base for you during your short break. I hop that you enjoyed the show at QPAC and we able to spend a little bit of time wandering through the 'Brisbane Festival' display.
I have passed your feedback on to our Housekeeping and Front Desk teams as I know they will love hearing it. Thank you again for your great feedback and we hope to see you the next time you're in Brisbane.

Warm regards,