“Very Tasty”

Hanabishi Japanese Sushi Bar
Ranked #2,376 of 5,187 Restaurants in Brisbane
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 4 March 2017

Not your average sushi place , expect something far more tasty here , nice fillings and tasty sauces

Reviewed 21 April 2016

This is a popular place for a quick takeaway lunch. Mixed trays and seafood salads are my first choice.

Reviewed 6 September 2015 via mobile

Had lunch here recently and the food and service was great. Portion sizes of bento boxes are big and quality is really good.... I think a try is definite

Reviewed 9 August 2015

Food was good but we went on a very busy night and there was almost nothing on the sushi train the whole time we were there. Our a la carte order was forgotten but came out quickly after we asked when later orders started arriving! I think we were just unlucky it was so busy.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

I popped in around 8.40pm for a quick bite to eat after seeing a film at the nearby Palace Barracks.

The female wait staff didn't bother to greet me and when I asked if I could eat, they were off-hand and almost rude to me as if I was a major inconvenience.

The chefs were still preparing food but the number of plates going around the track was limited. The service and the whole vibe was awful.

I immediately ordered miso but was told they no longer serve it. What? How can you not have miso? A shake of a head and no answer.

At least they still serve green tea.

The sushi I selected was fresh fish and as little fat as possible although it's hard to avoid the horrid mayonnaise that's spread on just about everything these days.

As it approached 9pm, it was clear from the impatient and unfriendly staff that I was meant to finish up pronto.

That night at home, I had a bout of food poisoning. I won't go into the details but suffice to say that I will never go back there again.

It used to be fine but it's gone downhill in every way. Avoid at all cost.