All reviews south bank the river vulture street great location deluxe suite maritime museum the cafe downstairs children's hospital mater hospital goodwill bridge great cafe southbank parklands free ferry large tv room service train station across the road
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed there for 4 nights for work. The hotel is relatively new and I like the clean-line deco. I enjoyed the location- just a stone’s throw to Southbank where I enjoyed lovely dinner and a stroll every evening. The coffee at Cafe63 was also pretty decent.
Now to the problem:
First night I noticed a strong sewerage smell in the bathroom as if someone smeared fecal matter somewhere even though it looked very clean. Over night, the character of the smell changes though unpleasant all the same as if it was reflecting what else was running through the sewerage. As I arrived close to midnight and was rushing out by 7 the next morning I didn’t alert the reception to the problem till I came back to the hotel around 6:30pm on second night.
The guy at the reception came to my room, acknowledged the problem (no one can miss the pungent smell that hit you as you open the bathroom door) and said he would call for maintenance to have a look next day and offered to change me to another room but as the hotel was fully booked (it was a Tuesday), I could only have single bed instead of the double that I was staying in.
So, another uncomfortable night simmering in faint waft of sewerage with the bathroom door closed most of the time. By the morning I was feeling nauseous, not sure whether it was the health effect of smelling the sewerage or just all in my head.
On third night when I came back the smell was gone. But the smell returned on the 4th evening. By then I couldn’t be bothered as I was checking out early next morning.
I guess I could have but didn’t pushed for room change so I’m partially responsible for the unpleasant stay but was disappointed that:
1. No apologies was given for the negative experience
2. No effort was made to get maintenance at the time problem was notified or change me to an equivalent room
3. No update or checking on how the guest was after problem was supposedly fixed by the maintenance staff.

I know quite a few colleagues who stayed in the same hotel but on a higher floor didn’t experience the problem. So make sure you ask for a higher floor when you book if you are looking at staying here.

Stayed: August 2018
Pankaj D, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Sunshine88City,

Thank you very much for providing us with such detailed feedback following your recent stay with us. Your constructive comments are appreciated and well taken. We apologise that these issues kept you from having a flawless visit and will work on them with our team here. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to the South Brisbane.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

The reception staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. That's where the accolades stop. Cleaning was hit and miss, mostly miss. The soap tray was not touched during my 6 night stay and some days the toilet was not scrubbed. The restaurant was something to be experienced! I ordered breakfast and the coffee came in a takeaway cup. Eeewh, not environmentally friendly. When my breakfast finally arrived the little madam dumped it on the table without a word or a glance. It was left on the opposite side of the table to where I was sitting . A young man who had to ask for a menu after sitting for longer than me gave me a very surprised look. Neither of us were impressed and I did not venture to the restaurant again. Brisbane has plenty of accommodation choices and I don't envisage that this will be on my list again.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Pankaj D, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear melsy2014,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at Swiss-Belhotel Brisbane. I appreciate your comments regarding service in the restaurant, please accept my sincere apologies for not providing you with standard expected. We will certainly take this on board and discuss with the Cafe owner. Thank you again and we hope to see you at the hotel again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2018

I stayed almost a week in that hotel. The hotel is well located, very close to center. The room was clean and comfortable. Free WIFI access is granted. The staff, especially reception staff was very kind and helpful. However, there I had the most uncomfortable moment in a hotel. One afternoon, someone knocked the door, before I answer a guy walked in and wanted to check the minibar! I was so shocked that I could not even say to get out! That was really creepy. There is a strange system to block the door from opening when you’re inside. USE IT.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Elicin

Dear Elicin,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that overall your experience was positive. I am disappointed to hear that our housekeeping staff didn't meet your expectations. This critical feedback will be used in training our staff. I do hope that you do stay with us again in the future, so that we can demonstrate our true standards and our commitment to exceeding guest expectations.

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed here last minute as in town with family briefly. Saw this hotel was reduced and central literally across the road from Southbank. Check in was easy, parking as well and had a warm welcome from staff. Room clean and modern with a large tv and bathroom. Gym and inside pool excellent for the winter time we visited. Children very happy. Only issue I had was I could not get Wi-Fi in my room but when I visited reception to advise they had someone testing it once rebooted immediately. This was excellent immediate service and much appreciated as I had chosen the hotel as it had free WiFi. Great job and thankyou to the hotel staff. I highly recommend this hotel. Cafe 63 downstairs also provided the best breakfast I have had in a long time.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank belinda m
Pankaj D, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Brisbane, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2018

Dear belinda m,
Thank you for this five star review of your stay at the Swiss-Belhotel Brisbane.
It was pleasing to read that you enjoyed your visit and in particular took advantage of our central location. I was also very pleased to learn that you found all our team to be helpful and happy!
Thank you again for such a great review and we look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

We stayed last weekend - arriving Friday afternoon and leaving Sunday mid morning. I have nothing but praise for the hotel - the bed was very comfortable, the room was very clean and the view was amazing! We stayed in room 402. There was a minor hiccup over the mini bar which was quickly fixed by the reception staff. Will definitely stay again, thank you!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear KathrynPaul,

Thank you for such a lovely review.
It's very rewarding to receive such positive feedback on our staff and facilities here at the hotel. We are dedicated to constantly improve our services and your positive words are much appreciated by everyone here. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon for another pleasant visit.