All reviews continental breakfast quiet street small balcony plastic plates rooms were very clean included in the room rate underground parking shower door a king size bed would definitely stay here again five minute walk stayed here for three nights tea and coffee guest laundry an easy walk close to town night stay
Reviewed 12 August 2018

Our disability unit way well appointed and walking around the city was easy. Although the hotel advertises a restaurant it is only available for a very nice tropical breakfast which was included. The staff were very helpful and the guests laundry handy as we stayed two nights on our way to Singapore and five on our way home, so rented a car and enjoyed the waterfront, markets, wildlife and beaches around Darwin. Travelling to Singapore via Darwin from Townsville with Air North and Silk Airlines kept the flying times to a minimum.

Room tip: You can see the ocean from the higher rooms.
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Compared to a lot of the branded hotels in Darwin, this was very good value and had all we needed. Well appointed immaculately clean room and helpful reception open 24 hours. A nice touch is a complimentary continental breakfast which is more than adequate. A short walk to the city centre and longer, but more than doable to the esplanade and waterfront.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2018

Rooms were very clean. Staff were very friendly. Continental breakfast was adequate and dining area was lovely with an optional outdoor eating area which was very pleasant. Be prepared to pay $15 per day for car parking as there is no free off street parking.

Reviewed 30 July 2018

The Argus Hotel is very lucky to have such a dedicated staff. They really did a fine job of settling us in and they ensured that everything was satisfactory. The hotel is well situated and we were able to walk to many of the attractions.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2018

I meant to write this sooner as it is one month since my Argus stay...prior to taking the Ghan to Adelaide I spent 2 nights then drove 100klm south to Batchelor for an overnight and back to Argus for one more night. The receptionist ladies were lovely and most helpful, particularly the young blonde who allowed me to use the phone to speak to my travel agents in Perth when I learned that the expected bus pick up from Argus was not happening (black mark to Discover Australia)...she also remembered storing my wine and handed it to me on my return...continental breakfast was fine by me, I don't eat a cooked brekky anyway...ordered dinner from a local Indian restaurant recommended by reception and it was delivered to my door on 5th floor...great service! Location quiet and well located away from the CBD, an easy walk...very happy with Argus!

Room tip: I didn't choose, but quite happy with room facing Shepherd Street. No worries!
Date of stay: June 2018