All reviews great hotel deluxe king corner room hotel is modern secure parking comfortable bed car park central location mitchell street good size free wifi darwin cbd top floor would definitely stay here again one night stay room service business trip
Reviewed 5 September 2018

Stayed here for 2 nights during a recent visit to Darwin. Good room, comfy bed, only annoyance about the room was the position of the air con unit which blasted cold air directly onto my face during the night. Too hot to sleep with it off. Second & final gripe was the lack of comfy seating in the bar area, just some high stools. There are lots of tables in the restaurant section but no really inviting seating area. Staff were wonderful. Would definitely stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
KristyR437, General Manager at H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Hi Smiffy36

Thanks so much for taking the time to post the review on your recent with us.

I would like to acknowledge your comments on the lack of comfy seating in the Bar area. As of today we have given the restaurant and bar an awesome facelift. There are comfy lounges, lamps, rugs, share tables and importantly ... the wine and beer is very cool, ready for our guests to sit and relax on our warm summer days!

As for the aircon, all of our rooms have individually controlled units so the temperature and fan speed can be adjusted to individual guests preferences.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to H on Smith - it will be my shout for a beer so do let me know when you are headed back.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

I recently stayed here on a work trip. Arrived to be given a dirty room then a new room but someone tried to enter it when I was leaving in the evening . The manager Andrew was very helpful and apologetic but the rest of the reception staff extremely curt and unhelpful.
It’s a conveniently located hotel with very comfortable rooms but there are plenty of options closer to the water.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Stethescope

Firstly I am very sorry to read your review. There was a number of system issues that occurred with your room allocation and I understand your frustration and disappointment. I can assume you that this issue was isolated and it is certainly not the common feeling of guests experience with H on Smith Hotel.

I have addressed the issues that occurred with your stay with both our system provider and our team.

I would love the opportunity to host you again to show you or usual high standard of service and accommodation. Please contact me directly should you be coming back to Darwin to allow us this opportunity.

Best regards

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Room not cleaned proper, facilities within bathroom bad designed, not cleaned previously and broken, cleaning staff couldn't speak English, some staff at reception not very polite. Part from that, its ok

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Kristy R, General Manager at H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Hi Claus473

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am disappointed to read that you didn’t experience our usual high standard of service though. We receive excellent feedback on our wonderfully hospitable team and fresh clean rooms on a daily basis.

I will be investigating your stay to determine what went wrong.

I would invite you to contact me with any additional information you would like to share.

I do hope we have the opportunity to host you again in the near future to share our usual high level of service with you.

Kristy Ryan

Reviewed 29 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the H Hotel Darwin for 2 nights and found it a very comfortable hotel. The reception staff were very professional and well informed. The room was quite spacious. The shower had good pressure and the bathroom was well stocked with the usual amenities. Next time I am in Darwin, I would be very happy to stay at this very central hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jeannieduggan
Kristy R, General Manager at H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Hi Jeannie

Thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review of your recent stay with us! It was absolute pleasure to host you.

We have a wonderful team who, I believe, make our hotel the best in Darwin. I am very proud to be staring your review with the team.

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Visiting the NT for the first time stayed here for 1 night prior to going on a tour of Kakadu for 5 days then returning before returning to Sydney the next day. The hotel is conveniently located and the Queen room on my first night was a good size clean and comfortable bed with my only issue being the hot water did not come on and had a cool shower at 5am. On my return I had a King room which was great with more up market toiletries and more room. The dining room is not overly large but staffed by very friendly and efficient staff. For diner one has the option of Buffet or A La Carte, we chose the Buffett which was great value and very nice and they have a small but nice wine list. Breakfast is also available again Buffett or A La Carte with the Continental buffet being very reasonably priced.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank scorpio811
Kristy R, General Manager at H Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2018

Hi Scorpio811

Thanks for taking the time to right a lovely review after your recent stay with us. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us!