All reviews stuart highway spa cottage bedroom cabin close to the airport standard queen road noise after hours camper van bus stop place to stay light sleeper bbq area pool area nice stay darwin airport secure parking short stay
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

I have to say this place is really a hidden gem in the Top End .. We have been atleast 5 times in the past month and each meal has been delicious - 10/10 from my family! I am celiac and each time they have catered for my needs without a fuss which is fantastic!
The Menu makes it hard to decide what to eat!
We will definitely be back! Service is great too!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Alok K, General Manager at The Leprechaun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear SLCFCLC2003,

Thank you for the amazing feedback about your experience at Shillelagh's Restaurant. Your repeat visits do tell us that we're doing something right, however it's even better that we're seeing this on TripAdvisor.

It's always a pleasure having your family and friends dine with us and the team has indeed become familiar with your needs. We hope to be able to continue to delight you and look forward to your next visit to The Leprechaun Resort.

Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

Thank you once again for a brilliant stay. We choose to stay here during our layover between tours and it’s a pleasure to know we can arrive, settle in, do much needed washing, swim, cook or whatever we want and there is always a friendly face to greet us and do anything we ask. Angela was a bright face when I arrived and couldn’t be more helpful and that makes the visit even more special. Thank you.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear anne07572018,

It was a pleasure having you here and we're really glad you enjoyed your short stay with us.

Thank you for the lovely feedback and for mentioning Angela. She's delighted to hear your kind words.

Please do let us know about your future travel plans and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Leprechaun Resort very soon.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

What an honor to stay here!

We have arrived just an hour ago with a group of 3 people. One of our fellow travelers is sitting in a wheelchair and on the booking.com website it was not very clear that the cottage we have booked is not really wheelchair accessible.

Immediately - without having to ask for it - we were offered an additional (!) wheelchair accessible cottage by a very friendly receptionist.

So client oriented!!!

Furthermore the whole resort is excellently maintained and now we will head to the nicely looking pool area.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear kgeiping,

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback about your stay with us. We're so glad we were able to create a good first impression upon your arrival.

Our team takes pride in customer service which is reflected in most of our reviews and it's great that you felt this way too. We hope you enjoyed the pool and other facilities and services we have to offer and look forward to welcoming you back to The Leprechaun Resort in the near future.

Reviewed 31 August 2018

Decided to stay here due to the proximity to the airport for an early morning flight.
Big Mistake!!

Checked in to a cabin mid-afternoon to be greeted to a hot box. Our cabin faced the direct daytime sun, I understand not having the a/c going to greet guests but simply shutting the blinds and curtains would have meant that we didn’t have to endure the extremely loud a/c trying to cool the cabin down for hours. The cabin was basic at best. You can hear everything your neighbours are doing/saying. The cabins are just transportable buildings (the types used on construction sites). I have stayed in this type of accommodation in the middle of nowhere but expect better for an essentially city accommodation (6km from CBD). On top of this we were told to park our car in a space miles away from our cabin, which we then had to lug our gear over from. We later noted all our neighbours were parked outside of their cabins.
I didn’t have any issue with plane noise because you couldn’t hear anything over the noise of the extremely loud air-conditioning unit.

We made the decision after a long day to dine at the in-house restaurant. I would hate to see how these guys handled a full restaurant. 9 people eating (2 of which already had meals), we waited over an hour for a basic stir-fry, (which was inedible) and fish with vegies. A table who ordered after us got their food 15 mins before we did. My dad asked for a second glass of wine, which never turned up. I went to ask after it and found the staff member on her phone! No one checked on us, besides taking our order, I don’t think these guys know what customer service is! My experience with reception was also extremely poor; besides the overly complicated check-in process, I asked two pretty simple questions to which I received no assistance. The chef who happened to be there was more helpful than reception (shame about his food!).
Wouldn’t recommend, staff are lazy which reflects in all aspects of your stay. Better options elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Claire F
Alok K, General Manager at The Leprechaun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Claire F,

Thank you for the taking the time to share feedback about your recent experience with us. It appears we let you down in many ways and for this I sincerely apologise.

I'm disappointed that we were unable to provide you with a pleasant experience which is what we usually manage to do with most of our guests. Nevertheless, we will use your feedback to address the necessary areas of concern internally.

May I request that you send me details of your stay including name, dates of stay, room number and any other relevant information for me to best look into your concerns. It is rather unusual for us to fail our guests in so many ways and I'd like to ensure that we do not repeat this. My email address is alok.kedar@theleprechaunresort.com

I look forward to hearing from you and apologise once again.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I loved my stay at The Leprechaun Resort. I stayed in a deluxe cottage for a week and a half. I requested a corner cottage that was quiet and the staff did not disappoint. The cottage was very modern, clean and functional. The shower was amazing- best water pressure I have ever experienced! My room was really quiet- it was so peaceful and made it really feel like a proper holiday- lots of sleep-in's without being disturbed. The resort facilities are great, especially the onsite café and restaurant. The breakfasts, smoothies and hot chocolates were our favourite. The location is central to everything if you have a vehicle and was perfect for me. I drove all over the place and used this resort as my base. The staff at this resort are lovely- the ladies who cleaned my room were so nice and I loved chatting with Clancy at the restaurant/café every morning- she makes the best hot chocolates and smoothies. I felt really safe, comfortable and happy staying here and could have stayed another 6 months, I loved it so much. Only downsides for me were no Foxtel/cable TV- even though the website where I booked the accommodation listed this as an inclusion (I would have paid extra for cable TV if it was available). The wifi is also really slow to the point of not working, so I ended up using my own wifi on my phone for my entire stay. I also would have loved and really appreciated late checkout at 2PM. Room service food would have been great too if this option was available, but I am not sure that it would be practical for this type of resort, but it would have topped off a perfect stay. Thank you for having me, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay :)

Room Tip: Get a deluxe cottage- worth the money
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Alok K, General Manager at The Leprechaun Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear MoandChookLynch,

Thank you so much for the amazing review of your recent stay with us. We're very pleased to hear all the great things you have to say!

I think you made the right choice by staying in a Deluxe Cottage particularly given the length of your stay. They are by far the most comfortable style of accommodation we have in the resort and I'm very glad you felt that way.

I'll be sure to pass on your feedback to Clancy. I have no doubt she'll be delighted to hear it! Personally I don't dare to indulge in her hot chocolates and smoothies but I will definitely take your word and everyone else's for it! I do love her coffees though!

As a limited service property, we do not offer cable TV or room service meals. I apologise if they were listed somewhere as available property features. We'll take a closer look at this.

I hope the rest and relaxation from your last stay left you with plenty of fond memories and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Leprechaun Resort in the near future.