1,511 results
All reviews novotel atrium lounge area mitchell street a bit tired across the road pleasant stay buffet breakfast harbour view top end great position bars and restaurants esplanade jabiru cbd
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

A well maintained hotel with a very courteous staff. A good restaurant and bar in the vicinity, right behind is Mitchelle Street for a good number of eating places and lively. Hotel overlooks the sea, a 10 min. walk take you to the CBD water front with lots of place to visit monuments, habour,restaurants.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Zayne B, General Manager at Novotel Darwin CBD, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Thank you Sanjiv S for your positive feedback, we really appreciate it.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Great location & great staff! The 2 bedroom apartment we stayed in was dated and a bit stuffy. The apartment wasn't the cleanest but the beds were comfortable. After staying in many Novotel's around Australia over the years I was a little surprised to find this one in the condition it is. Maybe they have some upgraded rooms, certainly worth asking the question if you're thinking of staying here.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you SaRaH5019 for your feedback.
I am pleased that you found the location convenient and the staff "great"
I have discussed your comments about the cleaning and "stuffiness" with the housekeeper and please accept my sincere apologies. We are continually making improvements to the hotel in order to keep our rooms fresh and up to date and clearly we have not met our high standards that we have set ourselves.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

This central Darwin hotel overlooks the harbour. On arrival repair works obstructed the entrance. The welcome was warm and my large room, like the hotel generally was showing its age, but was almost a suite with views of the harbour. Breakfast was adequate though the efficient staff on several occasions cleared my table while I was waiting for the slow toaster to complete its task. If the hotel were renovated with white paint rather than the cream it would look more contemporary.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your feedback for review of your stay, it is appreciated.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the views. Please accept my apologies for the works being done, however it was due to a safety issue.
We are continuously making improvements to the hotel in order to keep the hotel fresh and vibrant.
I have taken on board your comment about the paint, we have found that with cool white light the colour is actually almost white. So we have an extensive lighting programme in place.
Thank you again for your feedback.
We hope to see you next time you visit Darwin

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Sea facing rooms have a beautiful view. Also the hotel is walking distance from the central business district.
Although the breakfast served can have few more options. Overall the hotel had a nice feel once you enter.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you ravir685 for your positive review, we really do appreciate it.
Hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

I was very disappointed to stay at this hotel with international guests. Staff who seemed to all be foreign, couldn’t make a decision without going out back to ‘the manager’. Room keys that needed to be rekeyed each time we entered a room. A very slow lift and room servicing very late in the day. And to top it off in prime season there was work being done right outside the front door which meant cars could not drive in. Shape up Novotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Wendy H
Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay.
I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
Darwin is a very multicultural city and so we have many nationalities working for the company in line with our diversity policy. We do train to ensure that our staff are knowledgeable but we also like to ensure that the right information is given out - so sometimes they will ask someone for the correct answer. This may not be the manager as there a few people working behind the front desk. I am sorry if it appeared that staff were "unable to make a decision" - please accept my sincere apologies.
I would also like to clarify that the works that were done in the driveway were an emergency repair for safety issues. I admit it was unfortunate timing but its better to be safe thatn sorry.