All reviews chinese restaurant free shuttle hotel is clean large shower bedroom suite yogurt few minutes walk late checkout comfy bed air conditioner business trip buffet breakfast top end suitcases
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

What a stunning atrium I have travelled all over the world and yet this atrium still amazes me. Just lovely and a beautiful hotel to match.

Another wonderful stay...

And a stunning pool makes for a lovely evening

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
K_Staraj, General Manager at Novotel Darwin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Fangs74,

thank you for your lovely feedback.

While I would love to take credit for it, I believe you must have stayed at Novotel Darwin CBD not Novotel Darwin Airport.

Please trust, I will pass on your kind feedback the GM Zayne.

All the best,

Reviewed 31 August 2018

I think this place offers shuttle buses to and from the airport, but since it is only marginally further from the baggage claim than the rental car parking, many of us with light or wheeled luggage would prefer to walk.
Reception is 24 hours, and the staff efficient, and a convenience store in the lobby carries a good range of snacks (no mini bar in the rooms) and basic supplies. The rooms are comfortable and clean, some with laundry facilities in-room. There is a Chinese restaurant and a breakfast bar--the former a bit expensive, the latter quite cheap, both pretty good. There is also a good-sized pool, and a better gym than many hotels. That said, you can also walk across to the Airport Mercure where there is a bigger pool and a pub-style restaurant.
One more feature is that check out time is 11:00AM, with late check out at 12:00 noon--perfect for airport check in times.
The only downside is that, being at the airport, it's kind of in the middle of nowhere, at least by Darwin standards--especially if you go without the rental car on the first and last days, which the airport location lets you do.

Room Tip: The suites have in-room laundries
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear Southtrack,

Thank you for taking the time to review us during your recent stay here at Novotel Darwin Airport.

Your review is very informative and lovely, so I appreciate you taking the time to write about us. Its a pleasure to read you have had a great stay with us and enjoyed our offerings.

Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Very quiet hotel overlooking the harbour.
Restaurant pretty good fair and medium priced.
Staff very friendly and helpful.
Shops, bars and sight seeing within a stone's throw.
Rooms very comfortable.
There is water in the room fridge but you. Have to buy it at $4.50 per bottle which I thought outrageous when the same size bottle is nowhere near that price even at convenience stores.
The Coles and Woolworths in town have reasonable prices and there are lots of restaurants and cafes near by.

Stayed: August 2018
K_Staraj, General Manager at Novotel Darwin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Dear Christine S,

Thank you for taking the time to review us.
While I would love to take credit for your fabulous stay, I think you were meant to review Novotel Darwin CBD instead of Novotel Darwin Airport.
I have to agree with you you are in the midst of everywhere on the Esplanade and it is beautiful to overlook the water from the hotel.

I have let the General Manager, Zayne, know that you have had a great stay with the team in the city.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

Room: standard room with queen size bed. Size was ok. The room has controlled temperature and can’t be adjusted. Even though the temperature said 20C in the remote control, I don’t think it’s anywhere near there. Lucky there is a ceiling fan which was helped to make the room a little bit cooler.

The furnitures in the room looked old and tired even though the building itself looked new. However, the room itself is clean and has decent standard toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, etc).

No room service but there is one Chinese restaurant on the ground floor within the same building.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
K_Staraj, General Manager at Novotel Darwin Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Azriel_and_Smurf,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that there seemed to be an issue with the AC in your room; it is a shame you did not advise us of this issue at the time as we would have been happy to fix or move you to a different room.

In relation to our rooms; you will be happy to know that we are undergoing a full renovation later this year. We do hope you will come back to experience the exciting changes.

Kayte Staraj

Reviewed 17 August 2018

As a disabled person with Post-Polio Syndrome, I paid $274 per night for room 612 for the disabled that included BOTH a King-sized bed and a Queen-sized bed that severely restricted the space necessary for moving wheelchairs, scooters and wheeled walkers around the beds and around the room. Rooms for the disabled do need two beds as some disabled persons require a carer 24/7, who is not necessarily a spouse, but those beds should be either two KING SINGLES or a KING SINGLE and an ELECTRIC ADJUSTABLE bed. The station for the handheld shower in the bathroom was so high that i could not even reach it even when standing and the wall-mounted seat was so heavy that I could not move it. The station for the shower head should be placed at a level that a seated, disabled person can reach it. I asked housekeeping to bring the shower head down its supporting shaft but that request was ignored. The hanging rail in the wardrobe was also too high for me to use. Rooms for the disabled should be equipped with automatic opening doors as it is extremely difficult to keep heavy doors open while entering the room with a wheelchair, scooter or wheeled walker. A lightweight, sliding door should be installed to the bathroom.. I consider that including a King-sized bed and a Queen-sized in a room for the disabled is nothing short of stupidity.
Dr, Margaret M. Peel.

Stayed: August 2018

Hi Margaret P,

Thank you so much again for your feedback. As discussed it is so very valuable as we are constantly striving to meet the needs of all guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kayte Staraj