“I got to throw Axes at stuff”

MANIAX Axe Throwing - Sydney
Ranked #24 of 110 Fun & Games in Sydney
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience the thrill of Australia's newest and most exciting sport- urban Axe Throwing! Gather your mates and get ready for 2 hours of axe throwing awesomeness at our indoor sports facility in Sydney's inner west. MANIAX Axe Throwing events are perfect for: birthdays, corporate functions, bucks and hens parties, or any reason to get together with friends.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 17 November 2015

Te guys at maniaxe are just good blokes. I got to throw Axes at stuff just like when I was a kid but Mum wasn't there yelling at me for killing the mango tree!!! I'd go back in a heart beat. This isn't the thing for "girly Chicks" you need to have some confidence in throwing a sharp wood cutting implement at a wooden target, not the palce to people worried about breaking a nail.

2  Thank PatF3474
in 4 reviews
"activity"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 29 October 2015

Went here with a group of mates with no idea what we were doing and it was absolutely awesome! Communication from the company was really professional and made it very easy to organise a big group event. The axe throwing itself is the most frustratingly-brilliant thing to do in a group... I sucked at it, and that was okay! Will definitely be doing this again... and hopefully improving my game!

1  Thank Emily B
Reviewed 8 October 2015

I went to Maniax with some friends just to try something different for a change. I had no idea what to expect, but it was SO much fun!!
My first couple of throws were terrible, but you do get better really fast, and what's great is that the staff are super helpful with technique and very encouraging!!
I also liked that the staff were friendly and fun, but also took safety very seriously. I was surprised at how addictive it is!! It's easy to get the hang of, and being just around the corner from my house, I've become a frequent axe-thrower! I've recommended to all of my friends.
It's great for groups of friends, but I'd also recommend a work function too. I've already suggested it as a team-building activity!

1  Thank Teekay847
Reviewed 8 October 2015

I went with a group of friends for a quiet social engagement. At first I was a little apprehensive but the guys there were very professional with safety and participant enjoyment being their obvious highest priorities. It sounds extreme but I now liken it to ten pin bowling, except with axes, more hipsters and less mullets. Certainly an activity for the bucket list, or the regular competitor if you're super keen!

1  Thank jaseriss