“A truly wonderful birthday present !!!!!”
Review of Taste Tours

Taste Tours
Ranked #10 of 106 Food & Drink in Sydney
More attraction details
Owner description: Taste Tours is a social enterprise and charity which offers cultural food tours in the diverse suburbs and town centres of Sydney. All tours are led by local guides, who share their secrets on the best places to eat and shop for authentic dishes and ingredients. Every tour includes tastings in-store, lunch, recipes and a tote bag to fill with goodies collected along the way. All our profits are re-invested into tour guide training and employment for under or unemployed people to support them into the career path of their choice. Trainees are newly arrived migrants or refugees, or young people.
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Had no idea what my daughter had planned. Husband drove and there we were, in Liverpool. A TASTE TOUR. well, I was in heaven. Two and a half hours, with pleasant company..a delightful and enthusiastic guide. The best falafel I’ve ever tasted..crunchy clouds...that we visited family-run businesses added to the pleasure.

I’ve printed out a map of Liverpool and marked each spot. Memories. Will most definitely return.

Highly recommended. A real treat.

Thanks a zillion Sophie...wonderful gift.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"cafes and restaurants"

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Sophie guided us as we tasted the many and varied cuisines of Chinatown - Malaysian, Korean and Chinese. Importantly she touched on the history of the area - the history of Chinese settlement in Australia but also reference to the original indigenous culture right up to the recent giant mural of Aboriginal activist Jenny Munro near the Chinese gardens. A highlight was the Chinese tea ceremony which gave a sense of serenity and perspective to the whole experience.

1  Thank Azerita
Reviewed 24 July 2018 via mobile

Got recommended by a workmate to go on one of their food tours. I’m glad I listened to her because I had an amazing experience and was taken aback by how much I learnt. My tour guide was quite helpful and knowledgeable in all the different cuisines, I think his name was Patrick. He had a great sense of humour and made it a joyful experience. I’ll definitely do another tour again!