2,353 results
All reviews gowings bar and grill gowings building state theatre espresso martini parlour lane elevator music free movies quirky hotel market street fun hotel deluxe king door staff guest lounge corner suite nespresso machine mini bar art deco
Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

I love this hotel. It has a quirkry artistic style that transports you back in time to the old days of theatre. My favourite rooms are the ones with the sliding mirror between bathroom and lounge bedroom area. There is a cocktail shaker with ingreds for an espresso martini in each room - yum! Beds are comfy and bathrooms are spa like. Good service.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Casey D, Executive Assistant at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Hi ChrisCof,

We love you too! Thanks for the awesome feedback!

Come back soon, we'll join you for an Espresso Martini!

Reviewed 29 February 2016 via mobile

If you want a regular hotel stay , this place is not for you.
Walking in the lights are loan and the atmosphere is electric, from the second you enter its like another world, the rooms are beautiful and very detailed.
The staff are excellent and extremely friendly.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Casey D, Executive Assistant at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2016

Hi Darciejo J,

Thanks for your awesome review! You are right, we are not your usual regular hotel! 'The atmosphere is electric' - We love this!

So glad you enjoyed your stay! Come back soon!

Reviewed 29 February 2016

We have a saying, how can you have a favorite place if you haven't seen them all. Once you've seen and experienced this place, you will see why it is a favorite. The rooms, service, etc all wonderful. The hotel actually made me laugh out loud on numerous occasions. The elevator would play lonely songs whenever I was alone and upon exiting, Arnold Schwarzenegger would tell me, "hasta la vista, baby" or Sir Alec Guinness would say "The Force will be with you, always". I never knew what to expect. The motion controlled mirror at the end of my hallway had a funhouse type feel when the beautiful woman would appear when I walked by. The rooms are just as funky with a sculpted black hand holding your room number card at the door. Huge double shower bathroom and fun decor. I love this place! Go for a drink at least if you cannot stay there.

Hi gregntommy,

We are so stoked to be your favourite hotel in the world! Thanks so much for the fantastic review. The lifts are a winner, so much fun!

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

Come back soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2016

Alright, I don't know if it's just because I lived in New York for many years and am a total snob about these sorts of hotels, but this place, almost trying TOO hard to be cool. It felt like a Pinterest board called Brooklyn exploded all over the place. I would probably stay here again though, just because the beds were amazing and I liked the bathroom and mini bar options a lot. Perfect location for sightseeing also.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Niall R, Manager at QT Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

Dear HaleyFiege,
Thanks for your feedback. we're just glad you said Pinterest and not Facebook... better to remind you of Brooklyn imagery, rather than selfies and status updates!
Cheers,
Niall

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Stayed here after my South Pacific cruise. It was the most fun artsy hotel, great service, central location to the harbor, close to the zoo, marina and wax museum! Also great for shopping and people watching.

Date of stay: March 2015
Trip type: Travelled solo

Hi Raqsum,

Thanks your great review! Great to hear you were impressed with the hotel overall!

We are so glad you enjoyed your QT experience!