All reviewsself servicesaladbeer and winesea viewlovely hotelindoor poollocal buseson tapkotor baymeal timestop floorbeautiful countrysoft drinkssister hotelprivate beachreception staffpublic transport
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Just back from a very relaxing stay in beautiful Montenegro. We stayed at the Park Hotel in Bijela which is a lovely hotel in a quiet position overlooking the sea with its own shingle/stone beach (take shoes to wear it gets very hot). We were transferred to the hotel as had flight to Dubrovnik arrived at airport 10.30am and after collecting bags the driver was their to meet us and six other guests, once at the two border crossings we had to wait behind two larger coaches before being checked so it took about 2 and a half hours to get to the hotel, coming back as it was only 7am we sailed through as little traffic, check in desks were not open until around 2 hours before flight time. Once we arrived at the hotel the reception staff made us so welcome and to say about some comments from other guests I could not understand what they were on about, NOT once did anyone seem as though they did not care ,or were rude in fact some of the most friendly and polite people I have met on my years of travelling abroad. We upgraded our room to side sea view for a supplement and was worth the change as we were given a room on the 6th floor that had no balcony and overlooked a very busy road and the mountains. The room we had was very spacious with a nice balcony , walk in shower and separate loo and wash basin, it was very clean and ample space for clothes, the air con worked fine but the temperature would not go below 19 degrees. Downstairs the lounge area was very clean and had plenty of room to sit. As for the restaurant yes it looked like a canteen and yes you had to get your own condiments/cutlery which I suggested should be on the tables and the food was VERY repetitive same things for breakfast every day no change of cut meat, cheese fruit etc, lunch and dinner we found something to eat to get by but it was quite bland and luke warm and the chicken was very dry (drumsticks were fine quite moist), and as for salad choice there was very little, must say the tomatoes were great some of the best I have tasted, did not see any flies on the food. The hotel has a nice terrace to sit out on to eat but I would say I prefer if guests would not smoke whilst people are eating, maybe the hotel should say not between 7 and 9pm or smoke elsewhere. The hotel seems to have NO dress code for dinner my wife and I looked overdressed on the first night as I had short sleeve shirt and trousers and my wife a nice summer dress, there were mainly guests in flip flops ,shorts and tee shirts some sleeveless who looked as if they came straight from the beach. The restaurant and bar staff work very hard and for little reward, they are pleasant, helpful and do a great job. As for the drinks I do normally have decaff tea/ coffee and diet soft drinks, but regretfully all drinks seem very sweet even the coffee but again we got by. There are guests from all over the world that stay in this hotel some for a week or two, others that just do the odd night or two must be a nightmare for the reception staff to control it all, on one night we had several Dutch people stay over as there was a problem with their flight. We did eat out on one evening to try the local food and went to The BURA restaurant about a hundred yards from the hotel the food was excellent. Yes the food in the hotel needs improving a lot and most other guests said the same. There are music evenings 3 times a week and an animation crew that try to organise day time activities. Overall this is a very nice hotel in a nice setting and with easy access of most of the major towns and sightseeing areas, bus travel is very cheap. Thank you to all the wonderful staff especially reception which made for a good relaxing break in a beautiful country.

Room Tip: Side sea view and full sea view( suppliments) are quiter away from the road noise which standard rooms get daytime.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank greatwesternents
Reviewed 11 June 2018

Nice hotel. Food was like school dinners
One beer tap only so had to queue to get a beer. The staff were generally ok. But the reception staff were condescending when I asked for some information.
The pool was nice and the rooms were clean. The hotel is lovely but the quality of the food let them down.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Jet2holidays
1  Thank briansullivan66
Reviewed 8 June 2018

The most beautiful hotel in a superb location. Staff wonderful and very helpful especially in reception. Plenty of beds on beach and the sea is clear as crystal. View from our room overlooking bay was stunning. Unfortunately the food is not good, after 31/2!days of same soup at lunch and dinner I complained and was told they would change it next day which they did to cream of mushroom. It was still like a consommé and did not taste much different to the previous one. Salad bar has same cheese and ham everyday no other choice. Ate out 3 nights out of 7 as I only ate tomatoes and bread. I know they are trying really hard but it was very poor. One other annoyance they never changed bed linen all week which is not acceptable for a 4 star hotel. I know it was buffet service but it's the first time I have had to get condiments myself. We still had a lovely time and party night on Monday was great. Hope this hotel can sort out problems with food because it is a gem

Room Tip: Choose sea view looking across Boka Bay
Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kathy652016
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

This is a strange one to review!
The hotel is modern, clean, rooms are quite nice and common areas attractive but there is something ‘budget’ done well about it - a bit like ikea! It’s not expensive so that’s fair enough but I’ve stayed in much superior hotels at a similar cost. A great way to see montonegro though which is stunning and well worth it.
Some pluses - the long pool is lovely and when we were there very quiet so you felt more like you were in a boutique hotel than an all inclusive. Lovely indoor pool and spa area too - top quality.
The beach area very nice.
Drinks were fine, not a huge choice but acceptable
The restaurant ... this could and should be so much better. The outside terrace is lovely and once there you felt fine. But inside felt like a canteen. Going down in the evening was horrible! I think they should put cloths on at night or lay the tables differently, light candles or serve wine just to make it feel a bit special. Most days there were no knives or forks at the door to take outside so you had to walk around searching for some.
The food - there was always one or tasty dishes but you did have to look and we got so bored of the atmosphere and monotony that we went out a lot. There was one cooking station which they should have someone making something special each night to add a bit of interest.
However - its a good base to see the bay cost effective and to go and sample local restaurants. We even got a bus and ferry to Tivat one night!
Buses are great to visit many places around the bay, easy to use.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NickyJ1508
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

We were accomodated here for 3 days because of some opening problems of initial hotel.

The staff is helpfull , pleasant and understanding (except for one male waiter who started yelling at older guest because he forgot to wear his hotel bracelet)

Rooms are spacious but look dated even if renovated year ago. Soundproof with closed balcony door. Otherwise lots of road noise.

Aircon did not work properly..luke warm..non adjustable..allways 24 degrees.

Parking is expensive €10 a day, but only if you did not book via hotel or some booking site. On tripadviser hotel states its free parking: well..it's not.

The restaurant is walhalla for pork lovers. It's really good. The rest of chicken and fish is overcooked and tasteless.

Why are all the veggies and fruit dehidrated and limp? Not appealing. Neither are the peeled bananas and apples (turned brown).

Overal: it's OK for a day or two. More a motel look and feel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
Vladimir P, General Manager at Hotel Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2018

Hello and thank you for your comment.

We are sorry to hear that you were not completely satisfied, but we thank you for nice words about our hotel. Parking is not free of charge, but it is included in the price of Rent-acar taken in hotel agency. Somehow there is a problem with Trip Advisor Business listing, as we tried to change that information many times, but it is still there.

Kind regards,